Migraine Question.
Create Post

Migraine Question.

I get migraines after extremely intense workouts. I am temporarily blinded and I get nauseous, once I throw up I feel better. My whole migraine usually lasts around 2 hours or less. Can this disqualify me from military service? I want to become a 5811 or 5831, but I don't think that matters. If I am still eligible for the Marine Corps and I am in bootcamp, and I am temporarily blinded with a migraine what happens? Sorry for all the questions but I am curious. Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by Futuremarine231 View Post
    I get migraines after extremely intense workouts.
    Although I hesitate based on my perception of your seriousness I'd throw out the following:

FYI....your profile needs a much more serious effort.

Did you read the 'similar threads' below your post? (HELP! Migraine Waiver)

Given your statement above how could you possibly fare well during boot with the 'extremely intense' rigors the USMC will put you through over a far longer period of time?
    I could give other examples but I won't.

I don't know but seems to me a waiver for this issue isn't realistic.

That's my take on it at this moment.....carry on.

Most likely you are dq. I am a recruiter, I would ask to see med docs on it. I dont know if you can even get a waiver for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huklebuk View Post
    Most likely you are dq. I am a recruiter, I would ask to see med docs on it. I dont know if you can even get a waiver for it.
    I've never gone to the doctor for it, so there are no medical documents.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Futuremarine231 View Post
    I've never gone to the doctor for it, so there are no medical documents.
    be the one to not say anything then and get your admin separation/other than honorable discharge for integrity violation and preexisting medical condition that you didn't disclose....

I am gonna tell you right now that if migraines or even chronic headaches are an issue for you under physical stress the Marine Corps or even the military for that matter is no place for you.....if you do slip through the cracks though life is going to be miserable for you

Hell yes, go in. That way, you get medically separated with an honorable discharge, maybe get a disability and free va healthcare for life. Go scam it pal. A lot of people have done it and still do.

Then you most likely don't have migraines. Unless you are a dr and can diagnose yourself. Go see a dr. You need to see if they are migraines are not. Or more importantly if you have another condition.

Thread Information