For any and all Officers available...even the ones currently in OCS---

How is leadership graded during the 10 week OCS program? I've been reading that leadership is indeed the most important quality that is needed from candidates. What I am most curious about is how you coped with (if any) failures while attempting to showcase your leadership skills during that 10 week process. Whether it be messing up royally and maybe just missing a mark that you believe that you've should've been able to hit, did it affect your standing? Or did the training staff hope to see you learn and grow from your mistakes so that you could improve your performance? My biggest worry isn't the PFT or academics, but if my leadership causes my team to inadvertently screw up somewhere or somehow within that 10 week long road. To me, the team comes before myself, but is that really the mindset that I should have for OCS if I get that opportunity? Or is it naturally/solely driven by individual competition to see who can look better in a leadership position? If this all makes sense.

Also, are there any leadership or officer quality/development material that I should read to help develop myself? Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks for reading and (hopefully) answering my questions. Any wisdom is appreciated.

Brief background about myself: Soon to be 23 year old working for a private company in Human Resources. Been out of college for a year with a Bachelor of Science degree in Management and Organizations. My current plan is to stay with my job until I'm 25 (and soak up all that I can in the mean time) and then submit myself to the Marine Corps Officer Selection process.