marriage question
Create Post

marriage question

I am a PFC in mos school. on the upcoming 96 (4th of july) i had planned to marry my fiancé, however, my class advisor(staff sgt) said i would get njp if i get married while in mos school. i didn't think the military could njp over marriage. am i being lied too? i know everyone will say i am young and should not get married at this point in my career but my fiancé knows the life she is about to get herself into and we are very financially set as she is a nurse and i came into some money before joining. we are prepared and are expecting the hardships, just to be clear. so aside from marriage advice, does anyone know the answer to my question? can i get njp for getting married?
    thank you to anyone that replays
    i truly appreciate it

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    You no longer have to ask formal permission to get married but some units do retain the tradition of asking the Commanding Officer for permission. And counseling.However if you are in school and was told not too that maybe considered disobeying a lawful order if you do. You will have to bring the license and paperwork for dependency and the school may not want to deal with it....I know you don't want this advice....but if you wait to MOS school is over with and you have permanent duty station you may fair better. Whatever you decide good luck! What is your MOS?

thank you very much for the reply. i am thinking along the same lines as you, i did sign a statement of understanding saying i wouldn't get married, but my fiancé is pregnant and i was thinking that could work in my favor as far as not getting in trouble but you never know with the Marine Corps from what I've seen so far. they aren't always empathetic. i am an 1171. basic water support technician, not my choice. was hoping to be a combat engineer, but this has turned out to be not so bad.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 06-16-14 at 09:58 PM.

BTW sunshine, Marine Corps is capitalized at all times, Good Luck Marine, Semper Fidelis.

If I was you, I would do as I was told.

Two choices

Do as you were told
    or
    Talk to the chaplain and tell him the situation.

Thread Information