MCT Guide
Create Post

Thread: MCT Guide

MCT Guide

My son is currently at MCT and told me he could not speak to me for about 3 weeks and was appointed guide. I was wondering what that meant. Can anyone explain that to me. Also after that he told me he was going to Pensacola, Florida for A school. I am not sure what that is. His MOS is Aircrew. I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on what all that entails.

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    A younger Marine may give you the up to date scoop...but usually in MCT and ITB you are in extensive training and don't have access to phones and computers for a couple weeks...that may be what he means. As a guide he is the lead man for the platoon. He answers to the Plt Sgt.....the squad leaders answer to him for things passed on from his training command. "A" school in Pensacola is for his MOS training he will be there awhile and have more time for communication before he gets orders for a permanent duty station.....Good luck!

Thank you for getting back so quickly. I feel like I am in the loop a little bit now. Thanks again!

Credits
    Savings
    Blooper does/did very well with his answer.
    He's a "Newer" Marine, and understands the
    "NEW" abreviations civilians and the NEW MarineCorps
    has favor to use to confuse issues.....

IT used to be "EASY" to understand...
    "example"

Bootcamp= boot camp
    ITR = infantry training regiment
    School = school

tell your new Marine to stick in there

and you please, keep us updated.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    He's a "Newer" Marine, and understands the
    "NEW" abreviations civilians and the NEW MarineCorps
    has favor to use to confuse issues.....
    Not exactly newer...I went to ITR at Geiger.....I just am not quite to the point of fartin' dust quite yet!And I am still able to pay attention.....

Thank you for the support and I will be sure to keep you updated. I am sure I will have many more questions.

My son will graduate from his MCT west coast on July 1 and then was scheduled to leave for Pensacola to proceed with his MOS Aircrew. He texted me today and said that Pensacola was delayed for a week for his flight physical. Is this standard protocol? I thought that he had a physical already but then again could it be that they want to be sure that he did not have any injuries during boot camp and MCT before he moves on. Thank you again for any information that would assist me in understanding all of this.

flight physicals are different then the regular physicals, I had to have one before going into Special Ops.. they look for different things.. no worries, It's SOP(standard operating procedure)..

Phantom what did it cost you to Pay Attention
    ?
    ?
    ??
    ??

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Phantom what did it cost you to Pay Attention
    ?
    ?
    ??
    ??
    $1.00...I'm cheap!

Address

I am trying to get an address for Camp Lejeune. My daughter is there for MCT. I have her company and platoon number, but I need an address. Can anyone help?4

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Rank and Name
    Co., Class, Platoon
    East MCT BN
    PSC BOX 20166
    Camp Lejeune, NC 28542 – 0166

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kperkins02 View Post
    I am trying to get an address for Camp Lejeune. My daughter is there for MCT. I have her company and platoon number, but I need an address. Can anyone help?4
    how long has she been there??.....If she's been there more than a week or two I wouldn't bother sending anything because she more than likely wont get it. MCT is only 4 weeks and most of that time is out training. If you send something it'll get there and she may have already graduated. If she and you are lucky it may get forwarded to her school house where she will go after MCT, if not it'll pretty much be wasted postage/$$.

My sister sent me a care package w/ girl scout cookies when I was at MCT about a week and a half into training there. I never received it, some MCT instructors got a nice treat with a box full of girl scout cookies

My son just left for SERE Training today at North Island. Can anyone fill me in on this. I have tried to google it but there is not much about it. Thank you.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Here ya' go......and you can check posts under MARSOC in "Ask A Marine" http://www.marsoc.marines.mil/Units/...hool/SERE.aspx

Thread Information