Requesting mast and more
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Requesting mast and more

Alright guys im Pfc Brown I have horrable grammer but anyways this is my situation.. I'm in 1/5 RBE attacked to 2/4 I am being special court marshaled for not going to a event that was voluntary aparently i was voluntolled I never knew i was on a working party the entire week "regiment working party" anyways it was a company njp for the offense of not showing up on the 7th at 0400 I denied it for the reason I got a text message at 20:27 saying that i needed to be there that morning 0400 from my PLT Sgt almost 14 hours later of the event which was only 7 hours long so i'm being "S" court marshaled. I got one a week ago for being 2 minutes late for rover dumbass me signed the NJP for the rover one. and now my sgt legal sgt is telling me that he doesnt want me in the usmc and that if i wi the court marshal he will throw njp after njp after njp at me till I get out because they dont want me in so later on today after request court marshal the CO want to do a health n comfort and he asked me and only me where is my CIF gear and I said exact word "I was giving a direct order from you sir and my plt commander to keep it in another marines room so it would besecured because of my wife was selling my gear i still had 90% of my issue and my CO AND PLT CMR only knew were it was at so when i told him that he said ok lets go check it out it wasnt there lock was gone off wall locker and he sent me straight to the cp from walking to my CP from my barracks room was only about 2 minutes the LEGAL Sgt had a smile on his face saying i couldnt win he already had a njp for the gear article 108 for gear as if the njp was pre written because this all happened in a 5 minute span total thats 3 njps 1 week what do I do? how can i stop this I need help badly. My co is a Lt to and all of my company command is working together this is on camp pendleton

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PfcBrown View Post
    Alright guys
    im Pfc Brown

I have horrable grammer

but anyways this is my situation..

I'm in 1/5 RBE attached to 2/4 , I am being special court marshaled
    for not going to a event that was voluntary .

aparently i was voluntolled/volunteered
    I never knew i was on a working party the entire week "regiment working party" anyways it was a company njp for the offense
    of not showing up on the 7th at 0400

I denied it for the reason I got a text message at 20:27
    saying that i needed to be there that morning
    0400 from my PLT Sgt almost 14 hours later of the event which was only 7 hours long

so i'm being "S" court marshaled.
    I got one a week ago for being 2 minutes late for rover
    dumbass me signed the NJP for the rover one. and now my sgt legal sgt is telling me that he doesnt want me in the usmc and that if i win the court marshal he will throw njp after njp after njp at me till I get out because they dont want me in

so later on today , after request court marshal . The CO wants to do a health and comfort and he asked me and only me where is my CIF gear
    and I said exact word "I was giving a direct order from you sir and my plt commander to keep it in another marines room so it would be secured because ((my wife was selling my gear )) i still had 90% of my issue and my CO AND PLT CMR
    only knew were it was , so when i told him that he said ok , lets go check it out.
    It wasn't there ,lock was gone off the wall locker , and he sent me straight to the cp.

from walking to my CP from my barracks room was only about 2 minutes
    The LEGAL Sgt had a smile on his face . Saying i couldnt win .
    he already had a njp for the gear , article 108 , for gear as if the njp was pre written because this all happened in a 5 minute span total

thats 3 njps in 1 week . What do I do? How can i stop this
    I need help badly.

My C.O. is a Lt too
    and all of my company command is working together

this is on camp pendleton
    I guess in this situation, i wouldn't fill out my profile either.

Sorry for breaking that ONE BreathParagraph apart so i could
    Semi-Understand it- pardon the edits.

your wife sounds like a hell-of-a woman ,

You need good advise, and you need REAL GOOD ADVISE.
    I take it you don't have a Chaplin, pastor, minister, priest,
    or Rabbi you can take counsel with ?

You don't say much as to why they're dragging your ass.

Good Luck Kid
    You're gonna need it

I would definitely get a request mast sheet and fill it out, I am not sure of the situation but, when I was in the Corps, I had trouble with my platoon Sgt. and my Platoon Commander in my grunt unit,

they kept blocking everything I did and they were taking my gear,(as well as others) and selling them(long story), and I had to foot the bill to buy the stuff to replace it.. but I couldn't prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, and I couldn't get any backing from anyone else..

the only thing they couldn't block was me going to HQ and getting a request mast sheet and filling it out, that alone will scare the crap out of them, at least is did to these clowns, they later got their tit in a tight ringer and paid a big price.. and I smiled real big when I got the news a while after I had rotated to Quantico..

best of luck to you,, definitely if you feel you are in the right and are being wronged? but remember to always be respectful of their rank and possession so when you do RQ M they can't throw disrespect in your face..

request mast..

best of luck to you

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Here's my take on this. And naturally this is just one person's viewpoint.

98% (or more) of the time there are very important things left out of narratives. Although they are quite detailed, they are often designed to leave things out that don't make the narrator look good. This is just human nature.

Second, requesting mast looks like a good option here. How much worse can things get, with or without going that route?

Third, by demanding trial by court martial, you're already in "the system" in a very serious way. Whether you seek legal counsel or not, you will very soon be assigned a military defense counsel. I wouldn't wait for that--I would make an appointment with the JAG office NOW and get in there and explore your options and get advice.

Don't be spooked by the idea of the base legal officers being in league with the powers that be. The defense counsels are not. They're under a completely separate command structure. No one tells them what to do or how to do it. They do their own thing. Get some legal advice before they assign you a defense counsel. No one else can help you except via requesting mast. When you're charged with a crime, as you will be, all the chaplains, priests, psychologists, girlfriends, friends in the world can do nothing for you except give you moral support. But you need legal support. Do yourself a favor and call base DEFENSE counsel before they get assigned to your upcoming case, just to get a head start with all this.

PM me anytime and I'll walk you through it; I'll help you deal with base defense counsel, too. Let me know.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As I understood your chaotic spelling errors I say someone has it in for you like your Plt Sgt. Are you a real screw up in the company where you don't listen or walk to your own tune? Otherwise, you should be getting an Article 15 (Captains Mast) not a Summery Court Marshal. I would head to a civilian lawyer who takes Marine Corps cases for some advise otherwise, you may get drummed out of the Corp with a GDUH or a BCD at worst. I'm speaking from going through 7 Article 15's and 3 Court Marshal's (2 Summery & one General) all because someone had it in for me and I beat them all with good facts and ownership of my Marine responsibilities. If you go into this with not good defense you will be sorry when they send down their verdict. I suggest write out your story use someone to write it for you if you must then find that civilian lawyer for that advise. Not showing up for a function that was a volunteer which turned out to be a mandatory function is like going AWOL, remember your Sgt. has the power to make you or brake you.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    It looks like he did in fact get an Art 15 but there are two options when getting one. To accept it, or to reject it and demand trial by court-martial.

Looks like he rejected it and demanded trial. They never back down from a person choosing that right, otherwise they'd have zero credibility.

So now they'll be forced to back up their initial Art 15 with a court-martial, as he demanded.....that's why I said that as a practical matter his best bet is to get some legal advice from base counsel. If he doesn't do that right away, no big deal, they'll come to him very soon when they get assigned to this new case. But in the meantime he could perhaps be exploring other options.

And some of them look a lot better than a court-martial.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    (From his initial post, it LOOKS as though he demanded trial by court-martial rather than accepting the latest Article 15).

Chris Brown, take USMC's advice. Take my word for it, he knows what he is talking about.

I submitted a NAVMC request mast packet today. I am IRR now for 2 years from active duty. I am looking for anyone with experience on either end of a request mast that could help me better prepare my statement upon hopefully being given a return. This was initiated on the fact of a lack of clarification between myself the prior service recruiter and MARFORRES. I have been fighting with tho since Nov 2012 and just trying to get into the active guard.

plaease PM me for more details.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Wouldn't it be more appropriate and courteous to start your own thread about a different subject that concerns just you?

If you are going to request mast make sure it is to the highest echelon, like not just within the battalion make it to your regiment. They have to send it to where ever you are requesting it to go to, and if it goes to your higher HQ it looks bad on them so they are more apt to do something about it. ( I only say this as a SGT i knew once did this and this is how they did it to get the best results.)

Also when your command deals with it they are supposed to sit down with you and talk to you man to man about it, this isnt a stand at parade rest or attn while you get knife handed the entire time. Lastly i do believe it says in the order that if you are requesting mast they cannot hinder your progress or refuse to help you as that is punishable under the UCMJ.

Doubt he can afford a civilian lawyer even for advice only. If I remember correctly, there are no defense lawyers in summary courts martials (the convening authority acts as the prosecution and defense with advice from the Staff Judge Advocate). Sounds like he is between a rock and a hard place to me. Taking the request mast above his chain of command sounds like a wise move but that is separate from the legal charges.

well there is a possibility he can talk to base legal in regards to the subject. a buddy of mine enlisted their help to get out of some erroneous charges base housing was trying to slap him with as he was trying to move out.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Anyone can talk to base legal, but as I said, here's the problem. He got an Article 15. The recipient can sign off on it and accept it or reject it.

If he rejects it, he automatically demands trial by court-martial. That would be a Special court-martial. He has no option to just reject the Art 15 and leave it like that---that would be meaningless.

Now, base legal has the JAGs who will prosecute him in that court-martial, so he can't talk to them.

Defense counsel, as I mentioned, are in a separate office. They will be the ones defending him, so go to them NOW and explore options before you are assigned defense counsel.

But all this is moot because the OP never came back to see the input here

Thread Information