What USMC Ball Cap Causes the Most Comments?
Create Post
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member

What USMC Ball Cap Causes the Most Comments?

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I have probably seven or eight USMC ball caps, but the one shown above, bought recently at an Army-Navy store (kind of a rare store these days) has caused several comments to be made by strangers, saying this is their favorite USMC cap they've seen. Interesting because there's really not much to it and it's not fancy.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    What cap do you wear that brings out comments from strangers?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    I've worn one just like that for 6+ years. And I thought all the compliments were because of me. Go Figure.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Russ, I guess sometimes we're just better off not knowing the reasons for things. LOL.

ballcap.jpg
    This is one that apparently also shows off my amazing rugged manliness, it gets more "hey, nice cover" type comments than my flashier ones.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Looks nice, not worlds apart from the one I posted. I wonder if they're the same company. The top one is Eagle Crest Company.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Andy, I just noticed that the right of your hat, as you look at it here, has a logo there on the right, and mine seems to have the same logo. Maybe they are both from Eagle Crest. That company puts out a lot of hats---all wholesale though.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    They're both from the same company----take a look at their website sometime. Plenty of great baseball caps, compared to the much more glitzy ones out there.

Yep, they do both come from the same company. I got mine from Sgt. Grit, and I think I've seen yours in their catalog from time to time. That style would be the next one I'll get, I like it too.

Credits
    Savings
    Here's one Carrv wore as a kid

and , here's one of "Willy"

"Handsome Baastads" ain't they ?

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I'm not sure Carvv stopped wearing it.

Great Cover! No flash...but then again, A MARINE doesn't need flash. Semper Fi.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Yep---sometimes it's the simplest style things that end up looking the best.

I have worn this one for several years now (4 I think) and get a lot of compliments on it. Have worn so much that I fee naked if I don't wear it when I go somewhere.
    Found it at a VAMC.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information