Good Cookie and SMCR - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    What happened with the GCM, 29?

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    29, IF an employer asked you about the GCM, you'd have to tell him.
    No I wouldn't. I could lie about it. Got the Privacy Act statement of 1974. They can't check your records to see if you told the truth or not.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I know, but honesty would be the best policy. What happened? We'll be the judges of whether it's a big deal or not---I'll tell you something you already know---it does NOT take much to NOT get one, just something minor is enough. No big deal.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    But then comes along the Patriot Act and that shoots your lying right down the tubes...

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I didn't think about that angle, Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    Everyone gets issued a DD-214 when you EAS, Active and Reserves.
    It shows everything including your type of discharge and wether you are recco for reenlistment along with all your awards and dates of service.
    separation from active duty only. They don't cut you one in the reserves. When you get out of reserves, the next and final thing you will see is your discharge type certificate issued by the holding center upon your total obligated enlistment is due. If you want to know, my re-enlistment code is good.

But then comes along the Patriot Act and that shoots your lying right down the tubes...
    I'm so shtting in my pants right now over this. Fked over a GCM. What am I to do now?

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    What's the reason for that original six year obligation way back when? Is it still like that? I did 4 years active duty, got a DD-214, but went into the Inactive Reserves for 2 years, then got the actual Honorable Discharge certificate....I guess it's to wait and see if some big emergency comes up where you are needed...during that 2 years of Inactive Reserves.

I know, but honesty would be the best policy. What happened? We'll be the judges of whether it's a big deal or not---I'll tell you something you already know---it does NOT take much to NOT get one, just something minor is enough. No big deal.
    I aint telling. Don't mean anything to me now.

What's the reason for that original six year obligation way back when? Is it still like that? I did 4 years active duty, got a DD-214, but went into the Inactive Reserves for 2 years, then got the actual Honorable Discharge certificate....I guess it's to wait and see if some big emergency comes up where you are needed...during that 2 years of Inactive Reserves.
    Now its 8 years total obligation. I signed up in 82. It was six years total obligation. I did 3 in the Selected Reserves and 3 IRR. Got the discharge in 88. DD-214 issued in 83 after six months in active for basic.

Such an angry little man ......
    Now we all should be afraid to fly.

Good thing this isn't in "Open Squad Bay" for the whole world to read.

Wouldn't want you to spread panic among the masses. Oh Damn it, it is in " Open Squad Bay ".....
    An angry mechanic is a good thing. Kind of like an angry Marine. Difference is, Marines take it out on other humans. Mechanics take it out on nuts and bolts. We are happy when the plane fly's and the proper maintenance was completed. My passangers are safe with my professionalism.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    But to go back to what we were talking about, you would have to disclose to an employer, or potential employer, the details about no GCM, right?

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    ah.....I see from a prior post that you just didn't have the requisite time in in order to get the medal, not that you did anything at all....I see now.

Negative.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    negative which/what?

Thread Information