Time to say Good-Bye...
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation Time to say Good-Bye...

Morning Brothers and Sisters, Family, Friends.

Todays news; I will be leaving Leatherneck by the weekend. It has been many years now since we have shared here with each other, the good times and the bad times. The job I do here as Forum Administrator takes up at least 4 hours of my day, every day, making sure the forum runs well and everyone is helped that needs it and the jackwagons go bye- bye

I don't ask for anything in return and this is not a paid position but in recent months my relationship with the Boss ( Jerry Shaffer ) has gone down hill and I can no longer stand by idle waiting for him to respond to my simple requests that members need some help on certain issues and the forum is not responding well, too slow, hard to log in, post, etc and much too commercial for a lot of members liking and the membership of the forum is leaving.

Maybe he is just too busy with the Leatherneck page on Facebook and this forum will cease to exist, I just don't know so I cannot answer all the members questions because he doesn't communicate with me anymore for months now even though he logs in and reads all the PM's sent to him from me and members of this forum.

The forum doesn't even have a mission statement and our Eagle, Globe and Anchor is nowhere to be found now like it used to be on the homepage. I hope it's not " All about the Money " now and our members are left hanging in the wind. I wish I had the answers...

I have done my best but I guess my best isn't good enough to the point that it is too frustrating for me to see our forum go down hill.

I won't get all teary eyed but I want to say it has been my pleasure to get to know you and share our lives together. I wish you all good health and much happiness.

This is not goodbye as I would never leave a Marine behind nor my Friends and Family. I am in the mid stages of starting my own Marine Corps Community website and I hope it all comes together. I hope to see you all there. I will get word to you if and when it happens.

I don't use Facebook so if it doesn't pan out I will get word out to which Marine Corps Website or related forum I am running.

Now I have to clean out my wall locker here and delete my profile.

I hope you all get to read this before Shaffer deletes it.

Prayers Outbound as always to all in need.

Hand salute !!!

Semper Fi,
    Your Friend and Brother,
    Rocky

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Fair winds and following seas Brother.
    Keep us posted

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Sorry to see you go, Rocky. I think you've been good for the site. And it's certainly beyond dispute that you put a lot of your time into it.

You have my email address and contact info. Keep in touch. Good luck--and Semper Fi.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Rocky, count me in brother, when you get your web-site. You have been a great friend. I'd share a fighting hole with you any day. Take care.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Well said, Mongoose, as always.

Credits
    Savings
    Wow! Count me in Rock, I'm a mini timer on the net at best but I'm a full time Marine and so are all of my ******* brothers and sisters

yes Rocky, you can get my e-mail from the site here and I will PM it to you as well, let me know where and when you get your site going, I'll be there..

just checked, I guess I won't PM you since that option is gone now,, bummer

One more sounding off here, anyone who counts Rocky as a friend - message to me and count me in, I'd like to get emails and share phone numbers with all of you. You're my kind of Marines, and I'll be looking for the Rocky wherever he lands too!

pm, email or whatever, if you're reading this far I trust you to have my contact info - Doc, Bloop, Mongoose, Ken, all the rest of ya!

Sempers, always.

many blessings to you Rocky...thanks for all youve done here keep me posted i will be more than happy to join you on your site

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GodSpeed GrandPa Go Easy My Friend Semper Fi

Marine Free Member McT ontheRock71's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I concur with Andy and the Mongoose. Rocky is a fine example of what Esprit di Corps means. We'll all miss you here.
    Semper Fidelis,
    Ken

Rocky;
    Best of luck sorry to see you go brother. Keep me informed on your future.
    SEMPER FI

Will be on your site also Rocky, Semper Fidelis Brother.

Sorry to see you go Rocky. I would consider it a privilege to be a part of your new website if you get it up and running. I've always thought Shaffer was kind of shady anyway. Oh well, I wish you nothing but the best brother. Stay in touch. Semper Fidelis.

DEREK

Marine Free Member AlwaysWillBe's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Semper Fi Rocky....
    Keep in touch.
    Fred.

Thread Information