Army Sgt Bergdahl released by Taliban
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Army Sgt Bergdahl released by Taliban

Now if we can only get the Mexican taliban to release Sgt Tahmooressi.

US Solider Freed From Captivity in Afghanistan

WASHINGTON May 31, 2014 (AP)
    By JULIE PACE AP White House Correspondent

U.S. officials say the only American soldier held prisoner in Afghanistan has been freed and is in U.S. custody.

The officials say Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl's (boh BURG'-dahl) release was part of a negotiation that includes the release of five Afghan detainees held in the U.S. prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The negotiation between the U.S. and the Taliban was mediated by the government of Qatar.

The 28-year-old Berghdal had been held by the Taliban since June 30, 2009. The officials say he is in good condition and able to walk.

The officials insisted on anonymity in order to describe the details on Bergdahl's release.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireS...istan-23942201

Similar Threads:

He's lucky to have been kept alive this long.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I wonder if Jessica Lynch feels bad....Glad to here he was released and not in a box!

Good for him he was held for a long time, Semper Fidelis.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding !!!

Yeah. Welcome home, have fun in Leavenworth for desertion.

I can only hope that every life that was lost looking for him and every life that will be lost to the 5 senior Taliban commanders released in the trade were worth the price.

F*ckin traitor.

DEREK

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I just read that they gave two terrorists from Gitmo to secure his freedom....I am glad he is okay. But I thought the US did not negotiate with terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Burke7051 View Post
    Yeah. Welcome home, have fun in Leavenworth for desertion.

I can only hope that every life that was lost looking for him and every life that will be lost to the 5 senior Taliban commanders released in the trade were worth the price.

F*ckin traitor.

DEREK
    Hopefully the truth will come out as to why he was out wandering around with a canteen of water and a compass. Nothing ceases to amaze me anymore. Right now he is being considered a hero, but he is the only one who really knows.

Bergdahl isn't even worth the damn jet fuel to bring him back to the US.

DEREK

I to will be interested in knowing why he was outside the perimeter, before I make a judgment on this..

Found this posted at TheSquadbay:

Bowe Bergdahl is no "hero". Here are the facts: In the weeks leading up to his "capture", Bergdahl made statements that he was "ashamed to be an American" and "The horror that is america is disgusting." He shipped his personal belongings home. He asked his Squad Leader what would happen if he took someone else's weapon and other sensitive items off base.

On the day of his departure, he was drinking with the Afghans he had befriended. After being caught, he was verbally reprimanded. That evening, angry after being reprimanded, he left behind his weapons, took a knife (by some statements up to five knives), some bottled water, and hid in the back of a vehicle owned by one of the local laborers. Bergdahl and at least two Afghans then drove off base to go smoke hashish, according to multiple statements. After smoking hashish, Bergdahl then walked off into the countryside. By some accounts, he set off to go "find himself" in the mountains. By other accounts, his plan was to walk to Pakistan.

He was discovered missing the next morning at about 0900. By 1200 that day, the entire war in Afghanistan had ground to a halt as all available air assets in Afghanistan were diverted to search for Bergdahl.

In the end assessment, the acts of this "soldier" cost the lives of other Americans (ones that didn't leave their posts in combat), and cost us hundreds of millions of dollars due to his selfish, dishonorable acts. He is a deserter, EVERYBODY in the Chain of Command knows it, and the fact that the US Government continues to pay and promote him shows the lengths they will go to manipulate public opinion.

Now, some of you will insist that we make every effort to rescue this deserter, that we will "leave no man behind". Ask yourself: Knowing the facts, would you send your son or daughter to rescue him? If not, why should someone else's son or daughter, husband or wife, brother or sister, risk their lives to rescue someone who intentionally left their post in a time of war and deserted? Ask yourself why there is no official statement as to the circumstances of his capture? I anticipate a sudden "deal" being made just before the mid-term elections, with Bowe returning to a hero's welcome, and a White House dinner with the Dali Bama.

Bergdahl is no hero, he's a deserter and a traitor. He doesn't deserve the ranks he was promoted to in absentia and this is a BS political move by Obama so he can have a VA scandal distraction.

DEREK

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    There’s an old joke here in Arkansas about President Clinton returning to his home state for a Razorbacks championship football game. While there, he’s given two cute little piglets by a wealthy agribusiness, Razorback alumnus. As he later disembarks Marine 1 on the White House lawn Bill has a cute piglet under each arm. At the foot of the stairway, a sharp young Marine lance corporal snaps a smart salute and barks, “Nice pigs, Sir!” A grinning Clinton hoists them a bit higher and says, “Yeah, they a couple of real Arkansas beauties aren’t they; I got one for Hillary and one for Janet Reno.”
    The Marine, still holding his salute says, “Smart trade, Sir!”
    Well, it would appear that America’s second black president isn’t quite as adept at hog-swapping as America’s first black president was. As we have learned in the past twenty-four hours, our outlaw president has taken it upon himself to ignore the law and oversee a prisoner trade between our country and the Taliban.that is so one-sided as to once again demonstrate to the world that in the Obama White House, ineptitude is the acceptable standard of performance.
    Obama got his pig, and I make no apology for that description of PFC Bergdahl (he was promoted to sergeant while being held captive) for this is where this discussion turns deadly serious. As a former non-commissioned officer who served in combat with another airborne unit, my first reaction upon hearing of Bergdahl’s desertion many years ago was, get him back, give him a fair court-martial and put him in front of a firing squad. Good, honorable paratroopers lost their lives searching for this treasonous bastard. Various sources from Bergdahl’s unit, the 501st Airborne Infantry are reporting in around the Web with this information:
    PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl.
    Those deaths, every single one, are on Bergdahl’s head. For the squeamish among you who find my opinion too harsh, here’s Article 85 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, the statutory regulation dealing with desertion:
    (c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.
    And there is damning evidence against PFC Bergdahl from those in his unit. He made no secret of his disillusionment with America, sending emails to his parents, one of which contained this statement, “The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools...I am sorry for everything here”
    Notice that non-capitalization of American. A fellow trooper, Jason Fry, has reported that Bergdahl told him, "If this deployment is lame, I'm just going to walk off into the mountains of Pakistan."
    So yes, we can court-martial this dishonorable deserter whose selfish views and actions caused all those unnecessary deaths and take his life or lock him away for the rest of it for the simple reason that the son of a ***** walked out on his band of brothers in an active combat zone in an act of betrayal that caused the deaths of his brothers in arms who willingly went in search of him, to save his sorry, weasel ass. Those events have immeasurable consequences on those both above and below his rank that he deserted. There is no greater crime that a combat infantryman can commit than desertion to the enemy on the battlefield. Were he to be judged by his fellow paratroopers, he’d be dead in the blink of an eye for the deaths that he caused. He willingly manipulated and violated the code of, “No man left behind,” for his own selfish sense of fulfillment that proved deadly to troopers in the 501st Infantry, and who knows how many more in special operations, who sent in patrols for years trying to find this weak-ass traitor.
    So, Mister President, in another demonstration of your unprecedented presidential ineptitude, you just unleashed five, ferociously rabid, bloody-tusked, Islamic boars on our world and our troops for a weak-ass, whiny, little piglet traitor that would fit neatly under Bill Clinton’s arm.
    Not a smart trade, Sir…

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    I find it amazing how many lost sight of actual facts over the years...

But, that's what this Admin does.... and the MSM... "INDOCTRINATE...!!!

The release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, said to be America’s last POW, comes amidst criticism and concern. Barack Obama, as president, is supposed to notify Congress 30 days in advance of any prisoner’s release from Gitmo. His decision to exchange five of the most notorious Taliban terrorist leaders held at Guantanamo Bay for Bergdahl, without following the protocol put into place for prisoner release, is criticism that such a move is illegal. While Obama stated that Bergdahl’s health was failing and he didn’t have 30 days to wait, the BBC reported that Bergdahl was in good health.
    Beyond that, the actions of Bergdahl’s father Robert, both before his release and afterwards at the ceremony at the Rose Garden on Saturday, is causing speculation as to the real story behind his son’s release.

On May 28th, Robert Bergdahl tweeted what now is an eerily disturbing message.

The tweet has since been deleted, but was documented by Twitchy.

In addition, during the press conference at the Rose Garden announcing his son’s release, Robert gave a message that sounded similar to the one released by the Taliban after their terrorists were released.

The Daily Caller reported that Bergdahl, speaking in Arabic, quoted the most frequent phrase in the Koran. He said, Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim” —which means “In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Compassionate.”

After Bergdahl’s praise to Allah, Obama gave him a big, heartfelt hug.

Compare his words to the Taliban statement praising the release of the terrorist as “due to the benevolence of Allah Almighty and the sacrifices of the heroic and courageous Mujahidin of the Islamic Emirate.”

In what can only be described as alarming, the Twitter account @ABalkhi, to which Bob Bergdahl tweeted that he was working to free the rest of the Guantanomo prisoners, is the Twitter account of the Islamic Emirate.

What is REALLY going on here?

Thread Information