Buddy System Myths
Create Post

Buddy System Myths

So what's the truth behind the buddy system? I heard the buddies in the buddy system get slammed a LOT. I understand if one buddy screws up the other also receives the punishment but I've been hearing bad stories that they sometimes make them sleep with each other and just simply hazing them more than normal. Whats the truth behind this?

I ship out in 5 days on June 2nd 2014 to MCRD San Diego, so if I cant get an answer on here I guess I'll find out soon.

Similar Threads:

No truth to any of that.

Thanks, just curious. And do the Drill Instructors know who is or isn't on the buddy program before they ask? I heard they really don't and not necessarily lie, but just keep my mouth shut...

They don't know and they don't care.

in boot Camp, in order to get you used to the team aspect it, at least when I went through Boot Camp, was as follows , if one person in the platoon screwed up, the whole platoon paid for it, that was to instill in you the fact that in Combat if one person screws up it can get people killed..

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    They don't know and they don't care.
    They do in fact know. They ask it on the first training day to make sure that if you came down on the buddy program you are not seperated. If you are seperated they will either send you to that platoon or your buddy will join you in your current platoon. Other than that though they dont care, and none of what the OP said is remotely true.

I went in on the buddy system and wasnt even in the same platoon as my buddy.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    That is why they call it a " Myth "...

Thread Information