Hello All,

I have a question about pay for someone who has recently graduated from boot camp. I have a great Recruiter, and I have already asked him about this issue, but unfortunately he was not able to tell me for certain because he has not yet signed a Poolee with dependents. I have also searched through the forums but did not find a thread on this exact issue.

I need to know if you can choose to have all of your pay and Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) go into an existing Navy Federal Credit Union checking account instead of going to a temporary account when you begin recruit training.

Background: I am married, and my Recruiter told me that he is certain that I will begin to earn a full active-duty BAH for my dependents in addition to my salary as an E-2 on day 1 of recruit training. However, he is not sure if the BAH would start depositing immediately during training, or if I would receive an entire 3 month's worth of BAH as a lump sum upon graduation. He also was not sure if my salary and BAH can go directly to my existing NFCU account from day 1 of recruit training, or if I have to have a temporary smart card account like everyone else until I graduate.

I would appreciate it if a recently graduated Marine with dependents who has already gone through all of this can let me know about their experience. I would also appreciate a link to an existing thread that deals with this issue, in case I overlooked it.

Thank you all,

ttrifko2