Worried about my past.
Create Post

Worried about my past.

When I was twelve, I was hanging around with the wrong group and ended up doing something stupid. Go figure right. There was an abandoned house down the road, so my "friends" broke into it and then proceeded to come to my house and take me with them. I didn't take anything even though I don't think it really matters. I was charged with B&E (Breaking and Entering). I was on probation for somewhat close to a year. Once they let me off, my probation officer said that if I was going to join the service I wouldn't have to even mention it because it was expunged from my record. Of course the military can find anything so I plan on being straight with my recruiter. My question is should I be worried, or am I in the clear? I'd also like to add that I have completely turned my life around, and am hardworking and honest. Thank you Marines!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 05-16-14 at 04:15 PM. Reason: If you are going to text to the forum, learn how to text !!!

I wouldn't worry about this. I wouldn't post it on the internet either though.

Thank you for your reply and makes sense.

I am a recruiter. You will be fine. Just let the recruiter know. If you have all the paperwork from the court case that would help as well. If not its not a huge deal but it would be easier if you have it.

I do not have any of the paperwork due to the fact that I lived in Mississippi at the time and now live in Michigan but thank you for the answers. Makes me feel somewhat better.

Last edited by Rocky C; 05-16-14 at 04:52 PM.

Id make sure that it got mentioned depending on the job you are trying to get not saying anything could hurt you a lot. if you are trying to get a job that requires a security clearance then that could come back and bite you hard.

Sorry for opening an old post but I couldn't find anything on it. I'm going to MEPS Tuesday and I have already told my recruiter about the charge as a juvenile. He did a few background checks and found nothing! A judge even sent him a letter and told him there was no such record. After figuring that out my recruiter told me to lie about it. What should I do?

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Tell the truth !!! Disclose everything !!!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Guess what....there is a record of it now....in cyber space.....Washington Internet Watchers know!

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Just disclose it.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Keep us posted on this, please.

Thread Information