Son is now a Corporal
Create Post

Son is now a Corporal

I haven't been here for awhile and I wanted to give an update on my son. As many of you know he had a rough time during his first year as a Marine. As a result I came here looking for answers and I was very touched and will be forever grateful to those who offered support and advice during his recovery.

That is now in the past and I am proud to say that he is doing great and has just been promoted to Corporal. He is currently deployed overseas somewhere and will be returning to the sates later this year. Thanks again to all who took the time to offer their advice, prayers, and support.

Cheers,

Pete

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding news Pete.
    Thank you for the update.

You are welcome my friend.

God Bless.

congrats,,, great news,,

So Pete, are you a PI or just a Travis McGee Fan? FYI I am both a Fan and a retired PI, and a collector of his books. In fact, I have a book shop in a mall in Brunswick, GA, The Haunted Bookshop. In additional I owned and lived full time on a 42 foot Gibson Houseboat on the ICW for 5.5 years. We were moored in Slip 36 mile post 685 at the Jekyll Harbor Marina. Naturally, the boat was named "The Busted Flush." I sold her and now live in Kings Mountain, NC. I sold the Boat, and my Wife is AWOL for eight months now. I sure do miss her, the Boat I mean. Semper Fi!

Hanline, wow you really are a fan. No I'm not a PI but have always loved John D. MacDonald books. The Travis McGee series of course were my favorites. I have to be honest, I use this username on a lot of different sites, you are the first to acknowledge who Travis McGee is. Glad to meet another rabid fan of such a great author.

Pete

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    McGee is neither a police officer nor a licensed private investigator; instead, he is a self-described "salvage consultant" who recovers others' property for a fee. McGee appeared in 21 novels, from The Deep Blue Good-by in 1964 to The Lonely Silver Rain in 1984. In 1980, the McGee novel The Green Ripper won the National Book Award.

I am also a fan Good stuff right there.

You are technically correct Rocky. Also another fun fact about the series: there is a color in every one of the titles in the TM series. But you probably already knew that. Do you know if any of the books were ever made into movies?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    None that I know of but that would be great !!!

Thread Information