A Little Advice?...
Create Post

A Little Advice?...

Hey so I am only 16 right now, but I desperately want to join the Marine Corps (female). I can't really describe what makes me want to join other than I just feel called, I am willing and able to drop everything else to join. thing is, not gonna lie, I am scared...

I am one of the most stubborn and determined people I know, I love challenges, and never want to stop improving my self. I think I would flourish in the military but it is just such an unknown territory, all I really want is a conversation with a female Marine to just talk about a few of my apprehensions, I mean come on, I would have to be an idiot to think that this was going to be just some hard training and then poof! the hard parts over... not gonna happen.

I want to know the grueling truth and still be able to have this passion and drive and join up as soon as possible. don't get me wrong, I desperately want this, almost need it but an informed decision is always the best one whenever possible...

Thanks for reading and if any female Marines out there would want to talk with me, I definately have an open ear

Respect to all of you.

Sincerely, GSch13

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 04-28-14 at 03:26 PM. Reason: If you are going to text to the forum, learn how to TEXT !!!

My apologies, no disrespect meant. Thank you (Rocky C) for making the corrections for me, I had just logged back on to fix the mistake my self.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No worries. You're welcome.

Send a PM to Lisa 23 if you want to keep this private. She will help you out with all of your questions.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks for all your help and will do

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Your welcome.
    I PM'd other Female Marines to view this thread for you.

GSch13,
    Hi! I am happy to hear you are wanting to join USMC, but the best person I would suggest for you to talk to is Lisa23 as she could tell you more than me what it is like to be in the Corps nowadays. I've been out of the Corps for 50 yr. (1964 to 1965) and there has been so many changes since that I can't keep up with them. I can tell you this for sure and that is it is tough becoming a Marine. Yes, like Rocky C said you need to learn how to text correctly. Always capitalize Marine. You say you feel like you have the feeling of being called? Go for it gal and good luck on whatever you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by GSch13 View Post
    I am willing and able to drop everything else to join.
    Just don't drop school.

Hello young lady,

I'm more than happy to answer your questions. I went to Boot Camp over 20 years ago but I'm here for you. Please feel free to PM me.

Carol.

By all means, young lady, DO NOT DROP OUT OF SCHOOL!! If you are determined to become a Marine, that is one thing you do not want to do not to drop out of school. I hate for young people to drop out of school and it hurts me for me to hear of anybody dropping out school!!. I am for education; the more education you get, the better you are!! If I am thinking straight, that is one requirement you have to have.

Linda

Haha, I am not going to drop out of school, so you can calm down about that. I plan on keeping my perfect GPA But I hope you know how encouraging it is to have support, really, it means a lot.

God bless

Quote Originally Posted by GSch13 View Post
    Haha, I am not going to drop out of school, so you can calm down about that. I plan on keeping my perfect GPA

Just checking

Was just wondering if you have heard from any other WMs to help you or answer your questions? I can tell you this that when I went through boot camp we didn't have to learn how to handle a rifle or anything like they do nowadays I was only in for 21 mo. due to grand mal seizures, but had a honorable service discharge, 100% and it being medical also. I just wish I could have stayed in longer cause I was going to make it my career. Any questions you need answered I will try to answer them to the best of my ability cause I am always happy for young ladies for selecting Marine Corps. Have a nice day. Hugs, Lin

Well my wife is a Marine... What questions do you have?

Thread Information