Do you prefer Pull Ups or Chin Ups?
Create Post

Do you prefer Pull Ups or Chin Ups?

Which type do you guys and gals like more? I started with chin-ups and haven't really changed since then. Just curious what others prefer.

Similar Threads:

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Chin-ups are easier, IMHO.

I agree that chin-ups are easier for the average beginner, but i think you can build up more pull-ups because of the use of more back muscles. I'm thinking about switching soon.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Chin ups are easier but pull ups are better. For my IST i like to do pull ups until i near the point of exhaustion then switch to chin ups for the last 3-4.

I used to chin ups, moved onto doing pull ups. My last IST on 20140616 had a score of 14 pullups. Working on at least that one more to 15 or hopefully 20 by the time I ship out. Want that perfect PFT score!

I do pull ups simply because I think it looks cooler. I mean isnt being cool one reason to join the Marine Corps

I start with pullups, get a few, then switch to chinups and do a few more. Typically I get six at PTs now (I know, I know, I make up for it in crunches and on the run, I promise). Doing either/ or, I can only do about four.

I don't think either is better, it's just about whether your arms or your back is stronger.

Pull-ups , if you can strengthen your back will be easier in the long run. Shorter distance to travel opposed to chin ups. And if you put it into perspective when your hanging off a building your pull in a similar motion , chin ups aren't as useful. Train for life and train to be successful . GET MOTO AS ****! shipping out in 6 days lol

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I prefer pull ups. Strengthening your back will help you with everything else, chin ups are good as well but pull ups are a bit of a necessity in my eyes. I need to start doing them more often.

Thread Information