Diploma or GED
Create Post

Thread: Diploma or GED

Diploma or GED

Hello,

Im kinda in a weird situation here. So back in high school I really messed and I take full responsibility for my actions. I tried to get my things together in my senior year so I could graduate on time with my friends but my counsellor told me I was not going to graduate on time because I had less then 10 credits and she referred me to a high school where you could go at your own pace that was in my school district.

Of course I took the opportunity up because I wanted to graduate on time and went to that school where you could go at your own pace.The principle there told me it would at least take two years from just looking at my transcript but my hard determination of graduating on time made me finish in 3 months instead of 2 years and I even graduated a semester earlier then my friends!

Now here comes the tricky part my main question, I graduated from that high school but with a Competency Diploma?

I just went and scored a 46 on my Asvab practice which the recruiters told me on the real deal Asvab I would of got ten points higher. But later when I was giving them my info I gave them the diploma I received and they told me they never seen anything like it before and started questioning whether or not if this was really a diploma and started faxing it and making phone calls checking what this was.

So now I'm wondering if this is Competency Diploma is really a GED or some type of GED instead of a Diploma saying I passed high school? It says Competency Diploma on the paper but if this really is a nice way of saying this a GED then I'm probably not going to be able to serve in The Marines my childhood dream.

So would you guys call this Competency Diploma a GED?
    (sorry for this being so long.)