Finally Shipping
Create Post

Finally Shipping

Good Afternoon Marines,

Well, after trying 3 times and not getting selected for OCS as a College Student, and then trying to find a recruiter that would work with me when I decided to go enlisted after I graduated college due to no other plans, I am finally going.

My ship date is next week, April 28th, 2014. I am very excited to go to boot camp. I know it's going to suck but I want it to suck haha. I know it's also going to be an experience I wont regret. I think it might even be fun. I've been working out and running for a long time to get ready for this. I have 20 Pullups, 100 Crunches, and a 10 minute IST, although I have run a 273 PFT before while I was training for the Officer Program. I've got all my general orders memorized, and I believe I have the right attitude for this.

My MOS field is Meteorology/Oceanography. I'm very happy with my MOS choice as I am am a sciency person. I hope to apply for the ECP later down the line but I am really looking forward to starting this next chapter of my life and what it is to be an enlisted Marine first. I know I'll be one of the older ones at boot camp being 22, but hopefully I'll be able to get along with my fellow recruits and do my best. It's a goal of mine to be either a squad leader or maybe even guide. However, people have told me to keep my head down at boot camp at first so you don't get noticed right away.

I've received much encouragement from Marines and other servicemen alike and I want to thank all of you on here who have answered my questions.

I've read most of the threads about boot camp and my MOS on here already, but if anyone has any final advice for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I will see you all on the other side.

Very Respectfully,
    ~Ventus