Will contact dermatitis disqualify me?
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Will contact dermatitis disqualify me?

Hello. I went to MEPS about a month ago but could not swear in. I was overweight, and they said I have to get a dermatology consult. I lost the weight, so I'm going back in 5 days. I didn't know you had to go through MEPS for the consult so I went to my doctor and she said I had contact dermatitis.

I figured out it was from an old ROTC belt that was too small because I noticed it always dug into the spot that was affected. I've had the belt for 4 years and it was never a problem until my brother needed it and had cut it because he has a smaller waist.

I stopped wearing it and I haven't have any problems since. The spot has cleared up a lot. This is the only case I've ever had, and I didn't think it would be a problem at MEPS because the spot never bothered me, it was just there.

Will this disqualify me? If it was the belt, it took at least 3 or 4 months for a reaction to start occuring. I'm getting really worried because I read that contact dermatitis after the age of 9 is permanently disqualifying.

Can someone please help? I really want to join the Marines, and I don't want something that didn't even bother me to get in the way.