Question about the process of recieveing your mos?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question about the process of recieveing your mos?

I am currently in the Louisiana Army National Guard.

I have 3 weeks left until I ets and am getting the paper work together now to join ( enlist in ) the USMC.

I have heard you pick a field to go into ie: infantry, aviation, logistics etc.

I plan on picking the "infantry field" I dont know if thats correct.

I was wondering how my mos will be determined? When I'll find out? How it is determined? Can I do anything to ensure I get the mos that I want (0311).

I really just am trying to figure out the process in general.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 04-13-14 at 05:33 PM. Reason: If you are going to text to the forum plaese do it right.

you will know more after you test out, and then it will depend on which MOS is open, 0311 and 03's in general fill fast, but if you don't get what you want right away you can Lat. Move after a year or so and move into the 03 field..
    Rocky knows more about this then I do, and we do have a resident Recruiter on board as well, but I will not try to spell His handle on here lol I screwed it up good last time,,,lol

Credits
    Savings
    what does "test out" and "LAT" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by daj61390 View Post
    what does "test out" and "LAT" mean?
    (Test out) means you will be retested in all of the ASVAB and AFQT test when you go to enlist in the Marine Corps, that is what I meant..

(Lat. Move) means lateral Move, or to go to another MOS after you are in you field for 1 year.. that is what my Daughter did as well.. (not into a grunt unit that was not and still is not available to woman in the Corps yet)

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Stand by. Huklebuk will see your thread and you can get your answers right from the recruiters mouth.

Pat, you are too funny Brother. I saw that post

hahahaha,,, ya that's what happens when you try to spell a name phonetically when you don't pay attention that much to the name to begin with...

Credits
    Savings
    So I pick 3 mos' and hope I get 0300? If I dont get it, try and reclass after 1 year ?.

Last edited by Rocky C; 04-13-14 at 06:22 PM. Reason: If you are going to text to the forum plaese do it right.

And here I am. You will pick your program after you swear in. It is based on two things: 1) What is available in the month that you ship to boot camp, and 2) What you qualify for based on your asvab scores. We cant assign a job that isnt there, just keep that in mind. Infantry are the first to go. They fill quickly. Most likely though you will get a ship date in the next fiscal year. You wont have a program assigned to you.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thread Information