E-3 LCpl out of bootcamp??? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa 23 View Post
    Learn your place, young lady. You are on a Marine Corps site and you are just a Marine Friend.
    You DO NOT get to tell any Marines on this site what they can or cannot respond to.
    If you DO NOT like any answers that are given, don't respond to them.
    You've got a lot to learn IF you ever become the Spouse of a Marine.

It's nice to ask questions, but your boyfriend isn't the only 23 year old that goes through boot camp who pt's before he leaves, studies Marine Corps knowledge, is motivated, mature, and who has college credits.

There are more important things your boyfriend should be worrying while going through boot camp instead of what rank he'll pick up when and if he graduates....and so should you.

Very well put Lisa, Semper Fidelis Sister.

I feel like Sara is playing with us Marines. I'd feel much better if her boyfriend posted questions. Lisa, go for it.

Credits
    Savings
    I was a contract PFC that graduated as a L/Cpl out of Boot Camp, MCRD San Diego plt 2100 Sept 1984. It wasn't a big deal really, until I got to A school. Then I was expected to not only be the automatic class leader, but also to march my class to the schoolhouse in the AM. It was a 'self paced' class, so thankfully I didn't have to march folks back in the PM. I could fake it, but I wasn't a born DI. ;>)

I was aviation (ADJ Aviation Machinist's Mate/ Plane Captain F-4 / F/A-18), so your Marine's experience may be a bit different. The aviation Marines and Sailors at Millington, TN, didn't hold rank against anybody, as nearly all of us were contract types, via our ASVAB scores and respective contracts. Marines that graduate meritoriously from Boot Camp are kind suited to it, so I like to think. ;>)

Quote Originally Posted by Saraxo View Post
    @irpat and anyone else on this forum is it true that honor grads get longer leave between boot and MCT than the other grads? I know of an honor grad who had a 21 day leave, not sure if it was because he was an honor grad or if it was because he applied for recruiter's assistant
    the last I knew the only way to get a longer leave or to stay there for a little longer is:
    A) if he gets another civilian to enlist, which would be hard now, if the program is even still their,,

B) if he gets recruiting duty for a bit with the local recruiter..

as far as any bickering going on, I just am here to answer questions, and with the understanding that civilians don't know or understand how Marines think or what they have gone through to earn the title, and do not understand the attitude the Marines have of being the best of the best and never giving up and believing the no matter what we will come out victorious.. no question about it..

so I cut them some slack.. and stay natural,,lol,, nuff said by me

To everyone on this post - I am trying to deactivate my account saraxo. One of the administrators that Lisa placed a complaint to (I'm assuming it was Lisa but it may have not been) has blocked me off the sight for 2 days.

Weeks ago I was researching information about the USMC I came across the leatherneck.com community. I decided to join Friday to ask the question about marrying young. So many mixed feelings and I genuinely just wanted to hear from people who may have lived through it whether they were a spouse or the Marine. Than today (technically yesterday) I asked the question about graduating E-3 from boot. Both forums were created by me out of genuine curriousity to seek experienced peoples point of views.

While I came across many helpful individuals I have also came across many harsh or sarcastic individuals. I do not know exactly where I went wrong in either posts to warrant certain responses from people. It is also unfair because in this post alot of my words were sensored or deleted over and over again. Looking back at this post it may seem like I was being rude to Lisa but I would like it to be known she is a squad leader with the capability of always having access to edit her posts. Since most of you were unable to read the original situation I just ask for no harsh judgement.

I will also deactivate this account. Just wanted to get things straight. That I by no means am playing with anyone and that there are two sides to every story. Thanks.

Sara2 (Saraxo), just for your information, I did NOT complain to the site Administrator about you. He did NOT ban you and neither did I.
    As Squad Leaders of Leatherneck, we all have the capabilities to edit/delete posts that in our opinion may be provoking and lead into an argument. When a post gets deleted, it gets deleted for a reason. You were asked multiple times to take your personal problems with me to PM's, not on the forum, but you kept persisting to repost what I deleted. That is why another Squad Leader felt the need to ban you for a few days.

As per Leatherneck rules.....
    ~You will not create more than one personal profile.

~If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.

~Reminders or warnings of forum moderators should be discussed with that moderator in private, not in public inside forum posts.

~If a forum thread is closed, a similiar thread should not be openned. Likewise one shouldn't post a thread to query why it is closed, this should be asked to forum moderator with a private message.

Good luck to you and your boyfriend on whatever you both decide to do.

On that note, this thread is now closed.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 04-07-14 at 08:03 AM.

Went through 4 guides in my platoon in the first 30 days. If he can hold his position as guide that says a lot for him, but graduating is just the beginning.

Thread Information