Before RT Prep!!
Create Post

Before RT Prep!!

Im joining the Marine Corps next year in March and am working out as much as I can, I'm 19 and so far I can do my 3 mile in 21min and 18 pull-ups.. I try to go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week, my big question is Im very slim, I feel and have heard people tell me I have no fat on my body, hearing some stories from Vets in my family is in RT you loose a lot of weight (that gains into more muscle) but I am only about 150lbs and am worried if this is too small to be fully prepared for training, my metabolism is very fast so gaining weight normally is very hard, any tips on my diet I should change or would I be okay?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    You'll be fine, I shipped to boot camp at right around 150, graduated at around 145. Yes, I lost some weight but I was actually bigger/stronger than when I first shipped. In order for someone like you(myself also) to put on weight you are going to have to take in massive amounts of calories which will put you in bad shape to ship out.

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    You'll be fine, I shipped to boot camp at right around 150, graduated at around 145. Yes, I lost some weight but I was actually bigger/stronger than when I first shipped. In order for someone like you(myself also) to put on weight you are going to have to take in massive amounts of calories which will put you in bad shape to ship out.
    BOLD: I agree.
    18 pull-ups and doing the running prep, don't worry as there will be a shvtload of other recruits NOT as well prepared as you will be if you keep up the discipline.

In contrast...I weighed 150 when the yellows allowed my to stand on them and came out of boot at 175. (I've never been fat or over weight)
    Go figure.
    Many variables.

OP....IMO...
    Eat nutritious foods = lean meats (protein), complex carbs (energy) and generous amounts of fruits/vegetables.
    Those are the calories you want.
    Eat smart, train hard, stay focused and you'll fare well.

Good luck.....carry on....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jessr, if anything you will become more fit with tighter Abs, stomach, more solid and will feel the best you've ever been. That's how I felt at 18 back in 69 when I enter Boot camp at PI. Solid like a rock, enjoy the journey and stop worrying about small stuff ... this is why we say lean, mean machine is because of the fitness our your body the trickk is many years from now you may never see that lean, mean, machine like at 19 so enjoy the journey.

Thread Information