What do Marines think of reservists?
Create Post

What do Marines think of reservists?

I received a post on Facebook saying this:
    Untitled.jpg
    I did switch from active duty to reserves and it was because of financial and personal reasons. My question is what do both an active and a reservist Marine think about the reserves? Are they treated and respected like Marines?

Similar Threads:

Depends on how they act. Sometimes it's hard for some reservists to maintain the skills required to be as proficient as their AD counterpart. But it is up to the individual. You go to the same Recruit Training and unless you are in some special program its the same length. You may find yourself bored and your life revolves around a weekend or two weeks or even an extended time for schools. On the AD side you dont have to worry about that because you are available 24/7/365. Good luck in recruit training.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    There will always be the AD vs. Reserve Marine banter, just like the the Grunt vs. POG.

One thing the AD side fails to see is that reservists do all of the exact same annual training. We do rifle qualification(table 1 and 2), swim qual, PFT, CFT, mandatory classes, etc. I am a reservist and deployed with an active duty unit, we worked with/around an active duty infantry unit. The first few months of work up there was some cold emotions between everyone. By the end of the deployment the active duty guys and the grunts we worked around loved having us around because we brought another perspective to accomplishing missions/tasks. We as reservists, because we do other things(Jobs, school, etc..), tend to think outside the box and have a more logical perspective on things.

I know much of this you might not understand because you are not a Marine yet and haven't had the experience but don't let anyone tell you that you aren't a "real Marine" because you're a reservist.

Marines are Marines. Period. We all earned the title.

Thread Information