Shipping question!
Create Post

Shipping question!

I'm about to ship out this upcoming month, April 14th 2014 and my mom is moving to a different location on April 10th. The new place is about 5 hours away.
    So the question is, when I graduate from Boot camp can I tell them to fly me to the new location? Or do I have to tell MEPS on the day I ship out so they can change the address on my documents? If I do, will it delay or change my shipdate? because I do not want that to happen.

I know this isn't the typical question most Marine know how to answer, but if any NCO or recruiter that works at MEPS has any knowledge on the subject please reply to this post. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What did your recruiter say when you asked him/her ?

Trying to remember, but if I remember correctly, while you are in boot camp, you will meet with the travel office and there you can tell them where you will be spending your 10 day leave. They will book your flight for you to your destination and then also book you flight to MCT. Of course if your mom is coming to your graduation via automobile, then you won't need a plane ticket home. They will just book your ticket to MCT. Hope this was helpful. I don't believe you MEPs address will matter. As a matter of fact I recruited out of PA, but lived in FL. So for my leave I went home to FL and then to MCT from Ft. Lauderdale.

Best of Luck! Stay Motivated!

I talked to my recruiter and he told me actually what you posted. I thought they fly you back to where ever recruiting station you left from, but gladly I was wrong.
    Thanks a lot of the reply Marines!

Thread Information