Question about when MOS's are released?
Create Post

Question about when MOS's are released?

Ok so I am getting ready to go to MEPS to swear in but recently found out that all of the slots for the MOS I want are already filled for the rest of the year. So my question is when are next year's numbers released? I've heard some time in June but I've also heard October 1st.

Similar Threads:

Hmmm ... maybe your recruiter on the front line might know?

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Hmmm ... maybe your recruiter on the front line might know?
    I have tried asking my recruiter and he just kept avoiding answering me with replies such as "If you don't pick something it will be a missing document."

What is your padd (ship date) to boot camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Huklebuk View Post
    What is your padd (ship date) to boot camp?
    Unknown at this time. As of right now I am going to MEPS on the 1st and will know after that.

Then there is no way to know what you qualify for and what is available.

Then there is no way to know what you qualify for and what is available.
    Its not that I don't know if I quality for it I got an 86 on the asvab I quality for just about anything. I am getting conflicting answers on when the MOSs for the next fiscal year get released so that I can sign a contract. I asked some of the other recruiters at my station and one said they start becoming available in june/july while another said they don't become available until Oct 1st.

Ok. They can come out as early as July, but district has to assign them all to months and such. It may be until Oct 1st until they assign them to individuals. So anytime in between. You need to pick your top three and submit a pool mod, that kinda saves you a job. It is first come first serve so the sooner you get that in the better. At least thats how we do it here everyone may do it different. We cant give you a definite answer because we dont know ourselves. Make sense?

Pool mod? What's that?

A pool mod is what we use to assign jobs, change ship dates etc. Its a poolee modification. Thats just what we call it here, your individual recruiting station may call it something different.

A pool mod is what we use to assign jobs, change ship dates etc. Its a poolee modification. Thats just what we call it here, your individual recruiting station may call it something different.
    Would it be possible to fill out my pool mod and send it into MEPS ahead of time before next fiscal years jobs are released to kinda reserve the MOS I would like?

Yes. It wouldnt go to meps, it would go to the program manager, the one who assigns the jobs. Thats how we do it here, it is first come first serve. When the mos's are released, he will assign jobs in the order he received them. Again, this is how we do it here. They may do things different where you are. Ask your recruiter what the procedure is.

Thread Information