Communications MOS
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Communications MOS

Hello everyone,

Initially, I ONLY wanted infantry and I would refuse to do anything but that. After waiting and waiting and guess what...waiting some more (lol), I gave up & signed a "Communications/Electrician" contract. No other recruiting office that I called had an infantry job. One of the recruiters in our RSS is a Field Radio Operator and he talks really highly of it. Another recruiter in the office let me call one of his Marine brothers who's in Camp Lejune to discuss it because he's a 0621 and he also talked really highly of it. I would really like to be a Field Radio Operator. The electrician thing doesn't sound like my thing, but I'll learn anything. How does that work? I know I have no say in the exact MOS I get or what unit I'll be in, but I'd really like to be with an infantry unit.

After going to boot camp, MCT and completing Communications school, what exactly will I be doing in the fleet on a daily basis and on deployments (if I'm deployed)?

Every Marine I've talked to in Communications are all 0621's, so that's what I'd like to be.

My recruiter told me I don't even have the scored to be an electrician. I want to be in the field and going on deployments rather than wiring buildings on base (not meaning to offend anyone if that was your MOS).

I also got a 42 on my ASVAB and I can provide my line scores next time I talk to my recruiter. Will I be guaranteed a 0621 MOS?