Is OCS graduation mandatory?
Create Post

Is OCS graduation mandatory?

I'm currently a college student and applying for PLC, but lately something has been bothering me. I was wondering is ocs graduation mandatory? The reason why I ask this is because my parents died when I was younger and I don't really have a family left so that's why I'm thinking of not going. Is this a good idea?

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    yes it's mandatory, it is(or was at least) considered a training day. Trust me when I say that, even though you don't have family to attend, your graduation is something that you'll want to be a part of. I think every Marine, officer or enlisted, no matter their age remembers and holds dear the day they actually became a Marine.

I live in the area and I will attend for you. Just let me know the date and we can go to lunch after.

Devilbones2 is a great example of the brotherhood we have among each other... even if we don't like each other

I bet you something amazing will happen when you go to OCS. You're going to make an amazing set of friends who are going to make you part of their family on Family Day and graduation day. They'll adopt you and take you off the base to go to lunch at Outback in Stafford or to Cracker Barrel in Woodbridge... so you don't get stuck with duty or get an extra field day in while everyone else is with their parents and siblings. Not to mention, cabfare from Quantico to DCA is quite steep!

You'll be glad you went, once you're out of there, of course. Good luck

Go to your graduation. Your mother and father will be there proudly looking at you. Your gift to them.

Semper fi,
    We the Marines are Family

If you don't go, you'll regret it forever. Good luck.

Thread Information