Rolled Sleeves to Make Return With Marines
Create Post

Thumbs up Rolled Sleeves to Make Return With Marines

Rolled Sleeves to Make Return With Marines

Stars and Stripes|Feb 26, 2014|by Jennifer Hlad

Good news, Marines and fans of Marine biceps (ahem): Rolled sleeves are coming back.

Commandant Gen. James Amos and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Sgt. Maj. Micheal Barrett announced Tuesday via Facebook that the Corps is bringing back rolled sleeves.

“I can’t tell you how many times we have been asked the persistent question, ‘Commandant, are we ever going to return to SLEEVES UP?' ” the Facebook announcement states. “I’ve thought a lot about this over the past 2.5 years; I realize that it’s important to you. Sleeves up clearly and visually sets us apart.”

The Facebook posting said Amos will publish a MARADMIN about the change later Tuesday.

Before October 2011, Marines wore their sleeves rolled up -- in a very particular way, of course -- in the spring and summer months when wearing their desert camouflage utilities in non-combat areas, and kept their sleeves rolled down in the winter while wearing the woodland camouflage uniform.

Many were unhappy when Amos announced that Marines would keep their sleeves rolled down year round, particularly those who work in warm climates. And, as noted in Amos’ message, they made their opinions known.

The change will go into effect on March 9, when Marines make the seasonal switch to the tan desert camouflage.
    Now, Marines are just wondering when they will be able to go back to spit-shining their boots, wearing “silkies” for PT and using knife hands.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...tml?ESRC=eb.nl

Similar Threads:

They don't have the black combat boots to spit shine do they,lol? Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort, SC for a year and a half...
    I couldn't imagine having to wear my sleeves down during the summer...

I can imagine those with FMFPAC will be happy as well.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding !!!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    time to start doing more curls

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hahahaha !!!

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    IMO, when I was on active duty the best look was Starched Greens and Covers, Sleeves rolled up, Blousings, and Spit Shine Black Boots that looked like glass.

Then 2 months later out came the Cammies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    IMO, when I was on active duty the best look was Starched Greens and Covers, Sleeves rolled up, Blousings, and Spit Shine Black Boots that looked like glass.

Then 2 months later out came the Cammies.
    Exactly Rocky, boots you could use to shave in,lol,got cammies before I got out but we never wore them Semper Fidelis.

Have to agree with Rocky....no better look than starched greens and spit shined boots. In my day (1960's) however, we were not allowed rolled up sleeves. Remember having to starch our utility covers, and then shape and dry them on a #10 can ? Ahh, the good ol' days !

May not seem like a big deal to those on the outside looking in, but I'm glad to see the Corps reversing some of the new crap that came down from HQMC awhile back.

To Me rolled sleeves is the new crap.

Thread Information