Time to say thank you all
Create Post

Time to say thank you all

Last fall my wife,Beverly suffered a stroke.I was in a state of disbelief and shock.I asked for prayers and support for my wife of forty years.My fellow Brothers and Sisters responded like I knew they would.I was depressed and angry at the same time.The Doctors gave my wife little chance,and said they wouldn't intervene,like as in they quit on my wife,saying she would be better off dead than have that type of stroke!I refused to agree to that statement,and I dug in!The support was a great lift for my sagging spirit!
    I will now tell you the great news!My wife has fought back hard,and she didn't die like they said she would.I can tell you she has made an astonishing come back!She is gaining in all areas,and getting stronger every day.She is doing things they said she couldn't do!She has Marine blood in her,and she won't quit...period!
    I know that the chances of her dying are very real,but she has kept me going through it all,and I'm prepared for what ever God has planned for my lovely wife.She is home with me,and it is 24/7 for me.I will do that until the day I die,and I'm seventy!
    I give thanks to my God and my Marine Corps family for my blessings!As a young Marine "Boot" at M.C.R.D.,the lessons I learned there, and all through my Marine Corps career,have served me well through my life.Again thank you all,and may God bless you!
    David Marine, United States Marine Corps

Similar Threads:

We Marines stick together like glue, may God put his healing hand upon you and your wife, Semper Fidelis.

Amen, will keep praying for full healing,,

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    God Bless your wife, brother.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The Power of Prayer . GOD Bless.

My hope & prayers go out to you both . I just lost my wife last month after a long illness . May GOD give you both his blessings .
    Semper/ Fi Marine

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    May your lord and God give you the strength to carry on! Best wishes for your wife and family!

I'm sorry for your loss Brother.May God place his healing power on you sir!Thanks for your prayers!

Semper Fi

God Bless you and your wife Dave, and God Bless you John. I can't imagine what my life would be like without my wife of 31 years.

Kegler 300.I was a good bowler,but never bowled a 300 game.Lot of 279's and an oddball 280 0r 290'ish game.I average in the 190's, threw a lot of 700 series,and won a Senior Tournament,and won a little money now and then!I could bowl with the 200 average guys,as I could read the lanes pretty well was a good spare shooter, and I wasn't afraid to face them.I loved bowling and I could probably still do it.My wife was a good ladies bowler as well.I taught her all she knew about bowling,and it took about two minutes...LOL! I'm too busy with my wife,but I have help on the way,and I may pick up my bowling gear and come out of retirement!?Very nice to have you as a friend Brother!Please keep in touch,I need the support!My E-mail is pocatellodave@yahoo.com,and my phone number is 208-233-5743.I would like to chat!PLease call me my friend!

Prayers will be on going Brother.

Thread Information