Did I ruin my chances of joining the Marine Corps?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Did I ruin my chances of joining the Marine Corps?

When I was 15, I was a Sophmore in high school, and I hung around the wrong people, (sorta forced too, they were in my class and I had to sit by them) and I fell into peer pressure and myself and another person got in some serious trouble for prank calling the police saying there was a man with an Ak-47 in our school. Very stupid, ended up being a class B misdemeanor but I was not convicted or anything, just had to do this thing called informal disposition, which resulted in myself being on probation for 6 months and doing some community service. Everything went smooth during that time and after 6 months I was off. I am now 17 about to turn 18 and will be graduating high school this May. Will a recruiter bother with me? Or will I just not be accepted, and what are my chances? I have a spotless record since this as well.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Similar Threads:

you need to talk to a recruiter and tell Him/Her everything that went on, stress the part about being squeaky clean since, but don't dwell at length about it this doesn't seem to be that big of a deal so I doubt much if anything will come of it, but each recruiter is different and it may also depend on if they have an over amount of people wanting to join, but it don't seem to me to be that big a deal, as long as you don't leave anything for the recruiter to be surprised at when the run the a check on your background..
    good luck keep us posted as to haw it works out
    Pat

Waivers are done on a case by case benefit and this alone can have a variety of factors such as your qualifications and how desperate the USMC is. The recruiter can give you an idea if it's worth the effort to put up for a waiver. However, it has to be approved.

Its all about what u bring to the Marine Corps. Are you in good shape? Can you score 50 or higher on the asvab? Are u involved end in clubs/sports etc? You shouldn't have too much of a problem, I ran a waiver on a false bomb threat it got approved no problem.

Thread Information