SD bound Poolee wanting to go to PI
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SD bound Poolee wanting to go to PI

I am going to San Diego for recruit training on Aug.9th 2004, and I couldnt be more excited. However, I would love to go to Parris Island, but I dont live in the area and have no relatives that went there, nothing against San Diego, but I would like to go to South Carolina, anybody know how I can get there?Thanks

Head south, turn left @ Memphis or Nachez

Good luck

Steve

Registered User Free Member kmjb's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    same day i leave....too bad im going to PI we could be bunkin together....I know how you feel I'd rather be going to P.I. also....no offense to MCRD san Diego but i heard its like in the middle of a city. Good luck figuring that whole thing out.

Registered User Free Member dikatry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yeah 2 months of it are in the middle of a city, but trust me you dont know it. I didnt even know the water was right there untill visitors thursday. Also, before I left our DI showed us the Rifle qual scores and the PT scores for PI and SD for the past three cycles, the scores from SD blew the PI recruits out of the water. I dont know if its allways that way, but for the past three cycles it was. Also, a month of training is up north at camp pendleton, and trust me there aint no big city there, just desert and hills.

Registered User Free Member kmjb's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    thats cool I guess SD has better trainers forthe range or just the whole east coast are bad aims....lol...But either way you come out a marine..

Ahh but those of us going to MCRDSD are gonna be Hollywood Marines

Registered User Free Member dikatry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    ahh, your from texas...."All the recruits from Texas make a star on my quarterdeck!"

Cole 11, one good thing about going to MCRDSD is that you get sunglasses when you arrive. Be sure to ask your Drill Instructor about them when you get on the yellow footprints.

haha, I hear about that all the time, the sunglasses at SD, im curious as to what that means

Just ask your DI about it. I am sure he will be happy to explain it to you. After all, it is his job to tell you everything there is to know about the Marine Corps. Just make sure you get them when you are issued your gear. They forget sometimes, and you don't want to be caught without all of the gear you are supposed to have.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Guys, I know you covered the sunglasses - but you forgot to tell him to be sure to ask for his sun tan lotion!

My son is an instructor at SOI-West and he took some of his students for a "nature walk" through the beautiful California hills - when the column stopped, he walked to the front to see why - a black snake in the trail.

His comment - I can see I have no Island Marines here - you obviously nver had the snake class. An island Marine would pick him up and move him -

And remember, it is not a good ides to watch the airplanes taking off - your Drill Instructors really do not like that either.

DO we get oakleys

Dikatry: Everyone knows everything is bigger and better in Texas. I'll make sure to say howdy to my drill instructor when I first meet him. I'll also ask him if he wants to go catch lunch

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I still have my hollywood issue sunglasses....

sempers

Registered User Free Member tacoman's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Theres nothing wrong with going to SD for boot camp because its still going to suck and your going to hate it

Credits
    Savings
    The D.I.'S are tougher at P.I. More stress, thats why the scores are better. Plus too many recruits using Kentucky Windage. Dosen't matter where you want to go. Both places turn out the finest America has to offer. Good Luck to both of you and Happy Holidays.

Semper Fi.

Thread Information