Fresh Out of Boot Camp. Ask Away
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fresh Out of Boot Camp. Ask Away

Just graduated boot camp this past Friday, 17 Jan 2014. Thankfully, turned out better than I had hoped. Graduated Company Honor Man for Company K, was meritoriously promoted to Lance Corporal, and received some pretty cool awards and commendations. If anyone has any questions about anything relating to boot camp or training leading up to it fire away. I am fresh out of boot camp.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Congrats on the title ....Marine.

I noticed you kicked your mother to the curb
    Now, go fix your profile ...

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    don't bring the "I was Company Honor Man/I'm a LCpl" attitude to SOI, your MOS school, or to the fleet....No one cares. Get PME complete and do as many MCIs as you can in the next 9 months before you rate a composite score for Cpl. that way you aren't scrambling for points to pick up and chasing the cutting score all the time.

Nice job Marine...OORAH, SEMPER FI

Credits
    Savings
    Congrats Marine ! I noticed you are a conductor/Switchman with BNSF ? Never ever give up your seniority ! and when you get back there to those trains BE CAREFUL
    I was a Cond./Brkmn for Conrail a long time and ya never know ?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Congrats and Outstanding Marine !!!

I will change your status on the forum from " Poolee/DEP " to " Marine ".

Please square away your profile with all fields filled out to reflect the changes.

Semper Fi,
    Rocky

Huh....L/Cpl at end of boot camp?

I don' get it....things have certainly changed over the years.

Carry on....

Josephd - I am treating SOI like a clean slate. All the awards and commendations are great, but I definitely am going to work harder at SOI. SOI is just the next step. I have BRC to worry about after that. I am truly excited for SOI, but BRC is a whole other animal. As far as the MCIs go, as soon as we get registered for them in the system I am knocking them out. I decided a long time ago that if I got the chance to re-enlist I was going to go 100% with no regrets. Whatever I can do to excel in the Corps is what I am going to do. As far as getting Corporal, if all goes to plan (and I do what I am supposed to), I should rank it by the end of this year. It actually is extremely rare, but the company honor man can be meritoriously promoted to Lance Corporal out of boot camp. As far as what merits it, I don't have a clue. I know I busted nuts and put in my work day in and day out, but what actually merits it, don't ask me. I am definitely grateful of it though I know that.

gkmoz - I am even more grateful that I landed a job with BNSF. Even though working for them can be sort of a trading game sometimes, they have been very helpful and supportive of my re-enlistment choice. I not only get to keep my seniority while I am on active duty, but they also pay a "make whole" which is the difference of what I made in boot camp to what I would have made had I been with BNSF still. It may not be much in the long run, but it definitely helps my wife with bills for a little bit. I will be glad to get back to them (if I decide not to be a lifer Marine), but for right now, I am definitely enjoying the Marine Corps. Semper Fi

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The title of your thread is " Fresh Out of Boot Camp. Ask Away ".

You better find out why you Merited it because you are going to be asked on it in this sub-forum " Former Poolee Advice ".

WOW ,L/CPL out of Boot Camp, does that mean NCO out of MCT or MOS School ? I can remember the Wife and I looking forward to Me getting promoted Slowly each time it came time. Oh well Congrats ...

Coming out of boot as an E3 is not uncommon. Lot's of prior service folks, etc. Even when I went through in 1990 I had a bunch.

Congrats Marine! I extend to you a hardy handshake and my respect for you reaching for your goals. SOI is just that....take a deep breath and enjoy it for what it is and don't sweat the small stuff. Get through that indoc...don't quit!

When I got my orders to 1st platoon, Golf 2/3, in 1978, my fire team leader was a LCPL right out of boot camp. I don't think he was an Honor Man though so not sure how he pulled that off. I know he didn't have any dress blues because, years later as an E5 he bought blues before his EAS. Anyway, guess they have been doing the E3 out of boot camp thing for awhile.

Firstly congrats sir!! how was boot camp as an overall experience? Also, what was recieiving like?
    Thanks!

Credits
    Savings
    L/Cpl out of boot, that is amazing. Congrats. I made PVT. out of boot in 66, the best I saw anyone get was PFC. I thought I was hot to make CPL in under 2 and that was all in Nam. New days, new ways. Semper Fi Bro.

Thread Information