Female hair regs at boot camp?
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Female hair regs at boot camp?

I just went to a females only poolee function this last weekend and there were two DI's there. During the questions part, some girls were asking about hair regs regarding the length. One of the DI's said that female hair can be no shorter than 3 inches at any part. But from what I've read everywhere else it says no shorter than 1/4". I'm super confused about what kind of cut I can get before I go. I plan on donating my hair and getting a long-ish pixie cut before I leave. My ship date as of now is March 10. Can anyone clarify how short our hair can be? Sorry if there is a post like this already, I couldn't find one that I was allowed to reply to.

Similar Threads:

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Limits for Women
    • For women, hair cannot be shorter than one-quarter inch from the scalp and bangs that fall into the eyes are not allowed. For medium and long hair, no portion of the bulk of the hair will be more than 2 inches long. A bun containing the hair will extend no more than 3 inches from the scalp and will be no wider than the width of the head.

You also cannot have any visible rubber bands or hair pins. I think cutting your hair before leaving for boot camp is a smart idea. I made the mistake of having mine cut while at Parris Island and they screwed it up. It's only hair though. It will grow back. BTW, The most beautiful moon I have ever seen in my entire life was the moon at Parris Island. Remember that. Good luck to you.

Thread Information