OCS Applicant Considering Enlisting - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Excellent. Keeping aiming for that 300 PFT and don't settle. Have fun at OCS and TBS... haha. Pensacola is a good time.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I loved Pensacola, Navarre Beach, Fort Walton Beach Good stuff.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey all,

I thought I would post an update. The review board for the fall OCS class met on MON 14JUL2014 and I found out yesterday that I was not selected to go. This is unfortunate, and I am sincerely disappointed. My PFT was 282 and the average for the board was 292. That is the only thing I can think of that would have caused me not to get selected. My OSO said I should find a few more references of Marine officers if I can as well. I am planning on re applying in November for the winter class.

I am also considering enlistment again, because even if I do get selected in November I would not leave until January. It is quite a while to wait. However, I have put so much time into the officer application that I do not want to give up on it. Also, I really want to go to flight school.

This is all very new information to me so I am still processing what my next step should be. Any advice would be great.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Apply again and don't lose patience, although that would be perfectly natural.
    Please keep us updated, as you just did...ask the OSO if he has any other specific advice/tips

If you were still in school I would have mentioned PLC cause I saw no mention of it in your original post. Just remember if you still have dreams of becoming a sir from enlisted there is still a lot that you have to qualify for.

https://www.marines.com/becoming-a-m...-leaders-class

With that lonk you can see what PLC has/had to offer for you as well as what the pre-reqs are for enlisted to officer.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Stay motivated. Shvit happens.
    Best of luck to you.

Credits
    Savings
    I just graduated in May, and am working a temp summer job. I was banking on getting selected and leaving around when my job ended, but unfortunately thats not the case. So now Im seriously considering enlisting. Here is my rationale:
    My dream has been to become a Marine, when I decided to to embark on the journey I was in my last year of college and so it made sense to apply for OCS. However, since I did not get selected I am still looking to get my foot in the door. In a month I wont have a job, and I am living withy parents which is definitely not favorable. I am 21 now, so after a four year contract as enlisted I could go for a commission again and only be 25. I would have a lot more experience in and out of the Marines as well. My main reason for wanting to enlist is to leave as soon as possible. I do not want to hang around for another 4 months for an uncertain results especially if I can enlist and leave in a month or so.
    Thats my thinking so if you have any thoughts or any more advice just let me know! Thanks!

Credits
    Savings
    Alright, update time. I held out and stuck with the OCC program and applied for the 218 Board (November). I just found out this past weekend that I was selected to attend OCS for the winter class. I will be leaving 12 January 2015. I am very excited and motivated. I scored a 289 PFT and I had 3 letters of recommendation from Marine officers including a MajGen, Col, and Capt. I am very glad I did not enlist and instead stuck it out. The results are satisfying.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks for the update---congratulations!!!!!! That persistence pays off.
    You'll do very well.

Thread Information