Questions about 3521
Create Post

Questions about 3521

Hey ( Good evening Marines ) graduated boot camp from MCRD San Diego on Dec 13th.

Currently on RA until Jan 14th when I go to MCT. My MOS is 3521 Automotive Organization Mechanic.

Out of curiosity what should I expect out of this MOS? I know it's going to be in Camp Johnson and it's approx. 12 weeks long or so, but other than that I have no idea.

I'm curious what a daily life as a 3521 mech is like ?.

Also my family/friends all live in California towards San Francisco.

Is there a chance that I could be stationed anywhere close to that?

And if so where's the closest? Or is it just Camp Pendleton?

Because I heard mech's are wanted everywhere so they could literally go just about anywhere, but I wasn't really sure if that applied within the United States.

Also is there anything I should be doing to prepare for my MOS school?

Also can anyone give me some tips on MCT?

I'll be coming back from 31 days of leave (10 days of leave and 21 of RA because they wanted people to have the holidays off), so I don't know if I'll be 100% ready for what MCT has to offer for me.

How is it over there? And how does libos and cell phone usage really work?

Anything will help! Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 01-02-14 at 10:35 AM.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    that's alot of questions....

you'll learn how to work on military trucks

you could go anywhere. division(infantry unit), MLG(logistics), air wing.

unless you go to a small detachment somewhere(not likely), you'll be in North Carolina, Southern California, or Japan

don't do anything to prepare for MOS school, just prepare to learn. everything you need to know will be taught there and/or at your unit you go to.

Tips for MCT....just like bootcamp, keep your head down, sound off, and move fast. it'll be over before you know it

I can't answer the libo thing because I am sure it has changed since I went through but you'll only get like 2 weekends of libo the whole time at MCT and one of those will only be "on base"/your area libo. Bring your phone but you'll probably only be able to use it on your weekend libo.

My suggestion for your libo weekends.....don't go anywhere and have the other Marines' pay you to take their firewatch/duty shifts. You'll make a few hundred dollars easily and all you'll have to do is sit there while the other idiots go out and spend their money. If they let you do that like we did

Credits
    Savings
    good advise JOE..
    UNLESS it has changed BIGTIME......
    he'll see all J-ville on his BUS RIDE IN..
    and the BEST of J-ville view on his
    last ride out of CampLeJeuneN.C.

Joe, My Son just left for School on Wed for Camp Johnson,He'll also be a 3521 ,While He was at MCT Camp Pendleton He only took His phone and only got to use it on Sunday afternoon liberty for a few hours. Also make you get top dollar when you take someone's duty for them, if they still do that? I made a bundle doing that overseas. LOL. Good luck on RA, My son was boried silly.

Thread Information