Reporting to a board question
Create Post

Reporting to a board question

When reporting to the Senior Marine of a board do you look them in the eyes while reporting? I havent been on a board in years.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Interesting ----
    Hadn't thought about this one !
    Only an opinion--- I DEFINATLY WOULD .

This is a good question as I am sure there are guidelines

I am pretty sure its the same when reporting into new units or anything else. Your suppose to look dead ahead without looking at anyone. Step in, salute with eyes forward, give your reporting in spill, cut salute and be done? You can always ask someone before you enter the board, someone should know.

Found a good answer, and it's from this site.

You enter the room, slam the door behind you. March to wherever the senior member of the board is, get your center and six (centered on him, six inches from table). Report in (should go something like "Good morning members of the board, LCpl Oohrah reporting to the senior member of the Meritiorious NCO board as ordered" )

From there you're going to do just what they tell you. And do it all in a military manner. Any time you move, do it in a military manner. Maintain your bearing. If they tell you to have a seat, pretend you're in bootcamp and sit back straight, feet at 45 degree angle, and hands on your knees. When someone address you, snap your head to their direction and look at their forehead (easier than looking at their eyes in my opinion).

Each member is going to ask you a few questions, so study your knowledge. You don't have to get every question right, but if you get it wrong just maintain your bearing and move on.

Lets see, what else...ahh, dismissed...

Okay, I'll back up. When you're centered and six on the senior member of the board he may tell you to be seated. At this time you take a step back and acknowledge the order ( "Aye Sgt Maj" ). Then you can either backward march to the chair, or just sit down depending on how far it is.

When given the order to dismiss yourself...pop up out of the chair, get your center and six again. Then give em a "Dismissed, Aye Sgt Maj". Then take a step back and give the proper greeting of the day ( "Good afternoon members of the board"). Then about face and march out that ***** with confidence.

I hope this is easier for you to read than it was for me to write. You really need to have someone show you this stuff in person.

Good luck. STAY CONFIDENT!!!

Here's a link:http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/ar...p/t-78054.html

It states it's for a meritorious board, but it should work for reporting anywhere.

Thanks for the replies. I will not be slamming the door or anything, its a different kind of board. I appreciate the responses.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was just going to ask " What kind of Board are you going before " ?

Everyone just assumed it was a promotion board.

I would look eye to eye like a job interview. Because you know when you do eye to eye it shows confidence good luck brother.

Semper Fi

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    I was just going to ask " What kind of Board are you going before " ?

Everyone just assumed it was a promotion board.
    ^^^ This. What kind of board are we talking about, if it's okay to tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by madsox View Post
    ^^^ This. What kind of board are we talking about, if it's okay to tell us?
    It is a board of senior Marines that I need to complete in order to lat-move.

I was told to not look them in the eye but to look six inches over their head.

Thread Information