Good Evening Everyone,

I have a question in regards to my disability case. I'm confident that I received severance pay. However, I do not have any paperwork stating how much I was going to receive. I have a letter stating what my pay would be based on but no final amount let alone I was getting any. A paragraph from the letter reads:
"This letter will be furnished to your disbursing officer to properly decide if you have any severance pay entitled to you".
So a couple weeks after being discharged, I received a large payment from Dfaskccres. I assumed this was my severance.

Now, less than a year later I received a large deposit from the VA 310 and I'm receiving my monthly payments now. I called 3 times asking them to look up about my severance pay but no one could find records I was ever paid severance and I requested an account investigation. Everyone has assured me I did NOT receive severance.

So because I was assured this was now my money, I made an impulsive decision and bought a new car since mine was almost finished. My fear is, is that out of the blue they will decide I received severance pay and take away my monthly payments (aka my car payment). I have also asked if that were the case, what would happen. They said legally they could not cause me that hardship and they would only deduct what I could afford.

Can I trust the VA or did I just make a huge financial mistake? I'm VERY scared of what could happen. What do you guys think?