I need some helpful advice
Create Post

I need some helpful advice

Hello Marines, I am looking for some advice as I'm in a dilemma. Last year I began the process to becoming a Marine. During the beginning I was asked if I had seen a psychologist, which I had during my senior year of high school (2009) for regular teenage things that seemed like a big deal at the time. Because of this, that is where the headache begins.

After visiting my psychologist and getting my records from him, everything was ok, until the morning I was supposed to roll out to MEPS. My recruiters told me that MEPS needed more info from my psych and for me to go home.

From December of 2012 to April 2013 I've visited my psychologist around 10-20 times, 5 of those visits with my recruiter requesting information. Every piece of information given to them was apparently no good. Every time I thought it would be over, but it never was.

The last time I went my psychologist informed me that he had no more information and a new evaluation would have had to be conducted, and it would be expensive. After hearing I dropped everything and gave up completely.

Its been months now obviously, in this that time frame I've tried to do other things like working a full time job and going back to school. I thought it was just a phase and it would pass on and I'd be happy doing something else. I was wrong.

Enlisting in the USMC is something I seriously want for myself. This obstacle is the only one preventing me from achieving this goal.

From all my records there is nothing to indicate that I am crazy, suicidal, depressed, anxiety, etc because I have none of those things wrong with me. I am not, nor have I ever been on any sort of medication or done any drugs, clean criminal record. I cannot afford that expensive evaluation and my insurance company pretty much laughed at me.

So, Marines, do you have any advice that you could offer to get around this road block? Also, would writing a congressman help any?

Thanks, Armin