Inter service transfer - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unfortunately your only course of action may be to stick it out. Unless you can get an early discharge its the only way.

As far as I know my commander is willing to approve it. I've had the discussion with me and he sees that I am unhappy with what I'm doing. His words were "ill do anything I have to once you're back to get you into the Marines, hell ill go talk to the wing commander myself if truly need be." So I'm hopping he's gonna keep to his word.

I think the makeup of the Marine Corps is less about boot camp and more about the people who join. This isn't always the case, but its the people who go looking for a challenge and looking for comraderie who find it. The tradition, mixed with being miserable together, certainly helps though.

However, don't think the Marine Corps is immune from the military bs... it isn't as you will find out. I think you have the right attitude coming in, and being prior service with a deployment will probably help to spare you some of the stupid crap. But only some.

What job are you looking to do? In my experience MOSs vary sometimes it seems as much as branches of service do.

Mike

I'm really hopping to be 0311 crazy. And I'm sure it's still gonna have the same old military bs, that seems rather impossible to escape.

Thread Information