Problem joining? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To be honest with you Michele I was a Navy Corpsman for 111/2 years. If Bumed says no it is no. Reason being if you have another episodeand god forbid if you die,the government would be responsible. Your Doctor says you have a mild case it could be aggravated by the CS Gas Chamber or running so I wish you good luck but probably not.

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Running does not aggravate it, I ran cross country and track for 6 years. In track I pole vaulted. My first 2 years of college, I played lacrosse and had no issues. I meet with a recruiter this week.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Nice, best of luck to you.

Short update: the original recruiter I went to see wasn't willing to work with me. I have found a new one near where I will be moving to this weekend. He said that they may be able to get a waiver for my tattoos. I will find out more once I get there.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Pays to shop around...keep us posted here.

Quick update:
    Just finished the paperwork needed on Thursday. Hopefully we will hear something soon.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck!

Just got word I will be meeting the Recruiting Commander next Friday.

good luck you are going to need it, they arent getting any looser on tattoos in the Marine Corsp especially as we grow more garrissonized and they try to thin the heard more.

Thanks. I know it is going to be a tough road, but it is something I really want.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Continue to keep us updated on this same thread.

Met with the CO. He said they just started approving waivers for tattoos so the likelihood of getting a waiver for 2 would be nearly impossible. Right now the tattoos are the only thing preventing me from joining so I will be going to get them both removed.

The tattoo policy doesn't make a whole lot of since to me. My niece is a Lance Corporal and just celebrated her first anniversary in the Corps on Dec 2nd. She has already gotten 2 tattoos since being in the fleet (Camp LeJeune) and is showing no signs of slowing down. One is high up on her shoulder and can't be seen with a skivy shirt on (don't ask me what the hell it is cause nobody in our family can figure it out). The most recent one is a stupid catfish on the inside of her forearm that can be seen with a tshirt on and cannot be covered with one hand. Lots of boot Marines get tattoos (most can be covered in PT gear). Some on bootcamp leave.

My point is. Why make poolees jump through all these hoops when the rules change as soon as they earn their EGA. Seems unneccesary to me. Just make the rules the same for them as it is for Marines. Would make recruiter's lives a lot simpler too.

BTW. The new commandant said he may revise the tattoo policy. But, no promises.

Surprised she didnt get paperwork done on her for the other one unless it got approved by her chain.. Cause my Sergeant Major would run you up the flag pole for that.

That's what I mean. I'm confused as hell. I hear all this stuff about tattoos then I see things like this. As far as I can tell, there is no policy on active duty. Or, it's not being enforced consistently. She is with the 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion and going up for meritorious Cpl as soon as she completes her "leading Marines" PME (she is already a meritorious PFC out of bootcamp and meritorious LCpl out of MOS school). For someone so intelligent, you'd think she'd display some better judgement.

Thread Information