Problem joining?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem joining?

Hey everyone, I am looking to join the Marine Corps after I finish college early 2015. I was hoping to get some clarification/advice before I try to join. First things first, I tried joining the army almost 2 years ago but when I went to MEPS they said I had serious hyperhidrosis. I went to my doctor and she said I had a mild case but nothing serious. They put in for a waiver but it got denied even though the regulations only say serious hyperhidrosis is disqualifying. It does not impact me in any way. I ran cross country and track for 6 years and played lacrosse my first 2 years of college and had no problems. Also, I know the rules on tattoos have changed and I have 2 on my arm/wrist. Neither are big. Both can be covered up by my thumb. One says never give up and the other is a symbol for friendship. I didn't have a problem with them back them but I'm not sure if I will now. I am also not sure about the regulations about pap smears. When I was pregnant with my son, I had an irregular one but nothing serious. All the doctor recommended was getting the Gardasil shot which I had already received. What is the chance of still being able to join with all of this?

Similar Threads:

Wait for the recruiters to come around. They're busy but check in when they can. Good luck.

How close is the tattoo on your wrist? Like is it on the wrist or is it further up the forearm?

That is a disqualifier for us. It is too close to the wrist. Currently there are no exception to policy waivers for tattoos too close to the wrist. The other branches can take them but not us.

Alright. I will get them removed if that is what it takes. I really want this.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You should anyway.
    As a former tattoo artist, all tattoos face forward and downward.

Yours is upside down.

Just sayin...

Even then its not guaranteed. Make it look like it was never there, half assed isnt going to cut it. Its still going to be a waiver but you have a better shot of approval. However it is still not guaranteed to be approved.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The best removal is done with a Ruby laser and even at that it leaves a white scarring outline but it is better than all the other methods.

Best of luck.

Alright, I will definitely have to see what I can do. I definitely do not want this to stop me from joining. Being a Marine would mean so much more. My grandpa was a Marine in WWII and I have 3 uncles who were in during Vietnam.

Good luck to you...with all those Marines in your family, i hope you make it in and earn the title also.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Get it done Hoyle .
    Keep us posted please on your progress.

http://wreckingbalm.com/

Cheaper and less painful than laser removal.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is an in home method that will only fade an old tattoo somewhat.

Spend the money if you are serious about enlisting in the Marine Corps.

The bigger problem is that you went to meps got DQ, they put a BUMED in and that got denied. Going to be brutally honest, the chances of you joining with a denied BUMED are slim to none.

Thread Information