Poolee in the DEP MOS concern
Create Post

Question Poolee in the DEP MOS concern

Hello, I am a Poolee in the DEP. Yesterday I reported to my recruiting station to PT and give my recruiter my list of jobs. I gave him my list and he told me that my top two job fields, DC and DD (as my #1 job is Signals Intel) were unavailable and I would be unable to get them locked in. After I had made up a second list of MOS's I was told that they could possibly change my ship date so that I could get the HE MOS field locked in.

Here is my question. If it is possible to change my ship date to accomodate for HE, would it be possible that they could delay or change my ship date in order to accomodate for DC or DD? This is my number one job... My recruiter told me that it wasn't anything to worry about because after my four year contract I can reenlist and reap the reenlistment bonus for lateral moving into Signals Intel. However, that is not a part of my game plan, as I am not planning to reenlist after my contract. I want the Signals Intel job to be on my contract when I go to boot camp if at all possible.

Let me know what you think! My inability to get an Intel job would not affect my enlistment, but I would prefer it enormously compared to many of my other options.

Similar Threads:

A quick note on why I want the Signals Intel/Crypto-linguist MOS... I scored 93 on my ASVAB and 121 on the DLAB (first time, although I am sure I could score higher if I went in for a second testing). The doctors at MEPS told me when I enlisted that I need to get into a good school and get as much education in the Corps as possible. I want to get into an MOS where I can use my intelligence as well as my physical fitness for the betterment of the Corps.

One of the recruiters will be by when they can find the time.

Docs only give out medical advice - nothing more/nothing less.

Thank you, I look forward to whatever information they have for me.

DD jobs are hard to come by. I only have one available for the next 9 months. The intel jobs dont stick around very long. We are not miracle workers and cant just abra cadabra jobs for everyone. What you can do is be prepared to ship whenever you can. If someone doesnt ship for that job and it opens up, you can go in his/her place and take it. It happens from time to time and you may get lucky.

The job selection in the Marine Corps is screwy right now. You are going to have to take the best of whats available now. Its not the end all say all of what you will be doing, you can switch anytime up until the day before you ship if something you want opens up.

Thank you for letting me know what I can do. I will talk to my recruiter and see if he will keep an eye on available jobs for me.

You also have to remember they have a schedule to ship someone. They can't just move you to any month you want. Some months 4 people are supposed to leave some 6 some just 3. So even if a DD job is available somewhere else, they might not have a shipping spot for you there.

And there, you have it straight from the recruiters!

Thread Information