is this tattoo in regs?
Create Post

is this tattoo in regs?

Morning Marines
    So my Sgts gave been crazy busy and I dont want to bother them getting cleared for my tattoo if it isnt even in regs. Its gonna have phrases on it but the main image will be two beer mugs smashing together. Is this out of regs or no? Itll be on my left side and covered in while im in pt gear. Ill attach a sketch of the tattoo.

Thanks Devils

A. Frey

Similar Threads:

That's what Sgt's are for ask them, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    If you anticipate a problem----
    Guess what-- probably is a problem.

Get your chain of command involved

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Don't attach a sketch, show it to your command.
    We have no control over it.

I could find a whole lot of things more better to waste my Lance Guns money on than a tat of breaking beer mugs.

You say your Sgt is too busy for you? First of all, unless you are the assistant PLT Sgt (in which case you should already know the answer) there is someone between you and him. A fire team leader, assistant squad leader, squad leader, ect. Right? How about a Cpl or a Senior Lance Corporal to review your tattoo before you before you make time to talk to your Sgt? Go to one of them first. Remember, chain of command starts with the first member of your chain of command. Don't get them chewed out because you skipped all of them.

Second, how do you know that your Sgt is too busy for you? I have been too busy to talk to one of my Marines in the moment, but never to busy to talk to them on the same day. Even in the Reserves I am an NCO 24/7. As an NCO it my our responsibility to make time for and take care of our Marines. To quote the NCO creed: "I am forever conscious of each Marine under my charge." An NCO will make time for you. Its his/her job.

Third, you need to pass it by your chain of command first. I had a Marine who got an in-regs tattoo but then got NJP because he violated the BN order that all tattoos on limbs be pre-screened for appropriateness through the Company 1stSgt. You don't want to lose pay or rank because you wanted to get a tattoo now instead of waiting until you knew it was okay.

What's the big hurry? Wait until you get the word. You'll be glad you did and may save you some grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    I could find a whole lot of things more better to waste my Lance Guns money on than a tat of breaking beer mugs.
    No doubt!

[QUOTE=EastofWest18;936367] assistant PLT Sgt, assistant squad leader??? WTF??? Assistant PLT SGT? Assistant Sqd Ldr? Holy ****, times have changed!

[QUOTE=sovereign;936443]No doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by EastofWest18 View Post
    assistant PLT Sgt, assistant squad leader??? WTF??? Assistant PLT SGT? Assistant Sqd Ldr? Holy ****, times have changed!
    I literally named every position I could. Not every until will have each of these positions. I don't know if he is combat arms, support, or in the wing. Depending on which one he is he will have some variation of at least one of these between him and the Plt Sgt

Last edited by EastofWest18; 12-08-13 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Spelling (sorry, I mispelled the word "spelling" the first time I edited it.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrey View Post
    Morning Marines
    So my Sgts gave been crazy busy and I dont want to bother them getting cleared for my tattoo if it isnt even in regs. Its gonna have phrases on it but the main image will be two beer mugs smashing together. Is this out of regs or no? Itll be on my left side and covered in while im in pt gear. Ill attach a sketch of the tattoo.

Thanks Devils

A. Frey

As long as your tattoo is not visible in green on green PT gear and not offensive or anything in that nature your fine. Chances are no one cares what you do to your body, though I would suggest timing your tattoo. Be a ****ty experience if you get a fresh tattoo just so that you can go out in the field for a couple of days and get it infected. Or maybe just overall morning PT. The choice is yours.

Thread Information