PT Gear during Leave & Liberty
Create Post

PT Gear during Leave & Liberty

While on boot leave (and leave in general), am I authorized to wear the green PT shorts with a civilian shirt? I like how they look together and they're also very comfortable. I'm not sure if it's the full PT gear that isn't authorized or everything from head to toes (aka shirt & shorts).

Fresh out of boot, not looking to make any mistakes.

Similar Threads:

I ran in my PT gear when I was on leave, but that's many moons ago, the scarlet n gold gear, Semper Fidelis.

I believe PT gear is allowed during leave & liberty for physical training (of course), but are PT shorts with a civilian shirt allowed as casual clothes to roam around the city with?

The scarlet n gold PT gear,memories of the good Days when I did PT,LOL

I would say, don't wear PT gear out on the town, unless you plan on actually PT'ing. Wearing the PT shorts is just asking for yourself to stick out like a sore thumb. If you want to wear shorts, go to the PX and find yourself a nice pair of shorts and wear those, but do not wear PT shorts, even if its authorized to wear.

I have been out long enough to say , what is P T ? But if I still had my P T shorts, I don't think I would , or still could , wear them in public .

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewDog View Post
    I believe PT gear is allowed during leave & liberty for physical training (of course), but are PT shorts with a civilian shirt allowed as casual clothes to roam around the city with?
    PT shorts and a civillian shirt as casual wear to roam around the city ?

Are you serious ? Really ?

How about you represent the United States Marine Corps while on leave in some nice attire.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    FY08 ALMARS
    (in chronological order, newest to oldest)
    ALMAR 019/08; REGULATIONS FOR THE WEAR OF MARINE CORPS PHSYICAL TRAINING UNIFORMS AND THE MARINE CORPS RUNNING SUIT
    Date Signed: 5/19/2008
    ALMAR Number: 019/08

R 162356Z MAY 08
    ALMAR 019/08
    UNCLASSIFIED//
    MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC//
    SUBJ/REGULATIONS FOR THE WEAR OF MARINE CORPS PHSYICAL TRAINING /UNIFORMS AND THE MARINE CORPS RUNNING SUIT// REF/A/MSGIDOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MCUB/31MAR2003//
    NARR/REF A IS MCO P1020.34G, THE MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS// POC/M. BOYT/YA-2/UNIT:MCUB/NAME: (703)432-4607/TEL703)
    432-4607 /EMAIL:MARY.BOYT@USMC.MIL//
    GENTEXT/REMARKS// RMKS/1. THIS ALMAR PUBLISHES REGULATIONS FOR THE WEAR OF MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL TRAINING (PT) UNIFORMS AND THE MARINE CORPS RUNNING SUIT.

2. THE RUNNING SUIT IS MEANT TO COMPLEMENT EXISTING PT UNIFORMS, NOT TAKE THEIR PLACE. THE FOLLOWING GUIDANCE APPLIES:

A. EXCEPT FOR THE CONDUCT OF PHYSICAL TRAINING, USMC PT GEAR IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR DURING LEAVE AND LIBERTY (TO INCLUDE THE GREEN UNDERSHIRT AND SHORTS), WITH THE FOLLOWING TWO EXCEPTIONS:

(1) THE USMC SWEATSHIRT MAY BE WORN DURING LEAVE AND LIBERTY AS AN OUTERGARMENT OR AS A LAYERING GARMENT (E.G. UNDER A JACKET).

(2) THE USMC RUNNING SUIT JACKET MAY BE WORN DURING LEAVE AND LIBERTY AS AN OUTERGARMENT. WHEN WORN ON LEAVE AND LIBERTY, THE RUNNING SUIT JACKET SHOULD BE ZIPPED AT LEAST HALFWAY TO THE TOP OF THE ZIPPER.

B. THE USMC RUNNING SUIT CAN BE WORN IN ANY COMBINATION WITH THE GREEN PT SHORTS AND GREEN UNDERSHIRT, HOWEVER, THE RUNNING SUIT IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR IN ANY FORM WITH THE USMC SWEAT SUIT.

3. APPLICABLE CHANGES TO THE REFERENCE MAY BE VIEWED AT
    HTTPSLASHSLASH)WWW.MARCORSYSCOM.USMC.MIL/SITES/MCUB/PAGES/UNIFORM%20REGS%20CHAPTERS/UNIFORM%20REGS%20INDEX.ASP.

4. THESE CHANGES ARE APPLICABLE TO THE MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE.

5. QUESTIONS MAY BE REFERRED TO YA-2 M. BOYT, PROJECT MANAGER, MCUB (EMAIL MARY.BOYT@USMC.MIL), AT DSN 378-4607/COMM 703-432-4607, OR MR. RONALD SLOAN (EMAIL RONALD.SLOAN.CTR@USMC.MIL), AT DSN 378-4754/COMM 703-432-4754.

6. SEMPER FIDELIS, JAMES T. CONWAY, GENERAL, U.S. MARINE CORPS, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS.//

Thread Information