cartridge belt
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cartridge belt

cartridge belt

Marines, did WE not wear an end buckle in the middle of our cartridge belt when WE were on duty? And if so why?

Similar Threads:

What's an end buckle?

are you talking about The Duty Belt? or the Green or Khaki cartridge or pistol Belt..

are you talking about The Duty Belt? or the Green or Khaki cartridge or pistol Belt..or are you talking about the regular utilities.. when i was in we had our Khaki belt with a brass end buckle, that we had to polish everyday

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    What's an end buckle?
    Glad you asked that... I had no clue what he was talking about.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    are you talking about The Duty Belt? or the Green or Khaki cartridge or pistol Belt..or are you talking about the regular utilities.. when i was in we had our Khaki belt with a brass end buckle, that we had to polish everyday
    That's the way I remember that, Semper Fidelis.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DNCOBrass.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	26284 Marines wore this on their cartridge belts, Runners, DNCO's.. some had a spare cartridge belt super clean, eyelets mnu'd and set aside... DI's also wore this item...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DNCO.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	26285

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

I believe he is referring to the peace of brass the goes in the back when the waist plate is worn it looks similar to the end buckle on a Alpha belt. I've seen duty belts with them and without them just like I've seen them with eyelets and without eyelets.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I hope the OP gets back on his thread soon.
    Would like to clarify.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Could it be he is talking about the BAR belt. Nah, that has to be the wrong belt. Could it be a Sam Brown belt? Nah.

Just a guess but it is probably a pistol belt, with the bandage pouch attached. Although most Marines carried their smokes in the bandage pouch.

MAD MAN is correct "I believe he is referring to the peace of brass the goes in the back when the waist plate is worn it looks similar to the end buckle on a Alpha belt. I've seen duty belts with them and without them just like I've seen them with eyelets and without eyelets." it was worn on a green cartridge belt .Sorry it took so long to get back .

The DNCO belt buckle does still come with the "back buckle". As for if it is worn, I guess it just depends on who put the belt together as most Marines would probably open the box, think "what's this for" and just set it aside. Half the Marines I've seen don't even know how to setup the duty belt right. I've seen DNCO belts made from cartridge belts, but the black clips weren't removed or the loops with the snaps weren't cut off. It's always been kind of a pet peeve of mine to see Marines standing duty with sloppy/incorrect duty belts. It's even worse now that they no longer issue recruits the 'traditional' cartridge belt in boot camp; they get these MOLLE "battle belts" instead. I have often wondered what it's for that buckle is for though.

I glad Locutus494 knows what I'm talking about,for a minute I thought My mind was playing tricks on Me. Locutus494 since Your are still in ,do the DNCO's still wear this type of belt ?

Thread Information