I really need advice and an answer, please help me out.
Create Post

I really need advice and an answer, please help me out.

So i've been in the pool for almost 6 months now, my ship date is Feb 10 2014. I am 20 years old and i had to wait till sept of 2013 to enlist due to a surgery I had because of a collapsed lung. I had to wait from sept 2010 to 2013 because my recruiters told me that I had to wait three years. When the 1 year count down happened, my recruiter told me it would take another 1-2 years from sept for medical. that really killed my motivation and my drive to be in the Marines. I stopped training, i stopped running and I just decided to wait. I moved to kentucky and my recruiter got me through meps and everything very quickly and I am guessing my recruiters from Virginia just decided to screw me over or that they were lazy. Anyway, my run time is not up to par, to ship to boot camp i need 12:30, i am still in the 13:00s I am going to fort knox this weekend for validation and If i fail I will lose my job or get dropped from the pool. My question is: If i get dropped from the pool, am I never allowed to join another branch or join the military. There was alot of things that slowed me down while i was preparing these 6 months, when you stop training for a year and then come back and are expected to keep up with 17-18 year olds who were probably doing sports or weightlifting (like i was) everyone looks at you like "WTF" I don't have a problem with that but I have been training wrong and I ****ed up and screwed my self over. If i get dropped, what will happen. I am scared that I will never be able to join the military, I've been wanting to join the Marines since i was a kid, it pushed me through to survive after my lung collapsing and having surgery. I am in a crisis.

Similar Threads:

You seem persistent, so I don't see how you'd have an issue cutting a minute off your run time in 4 months. People show up to boot not meeting the minimums, so I wouldn't worry about being dropped for not making the run for an poolee function? Is that what this is?

Mike

I am not a recruiter so can't tell you the rules. I can tell you my niece was discharged from the DEP for nonparticipation (she stopped going to poolee meetings because her boyfriend did not want her to leave town). They gave her a letter stating she could try again later if she changed her mind because they knew she was young and under the influence of a boy (she lost her Intel contract however). Couple years later, she broke up with the boy and the USMC let her enlist again (no MOS yet but she ships on Dec 2nd). She had to write a letter to the District CO. So, this tells me if they drop you from the pool you could still have a chance of joining again later (I'd try to get some kind of letter saying that though just like she did). Good luck.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Easy Fix.

Show up to your Poolee functions.
    Run !!!
    Don't worry about the other Poolees.

Get on the plane to Boot Camp.

You can do this.

Best of luck to you.

Recruiting stations now can set their own standards for someone to ship. The big push now is quality over quantity. It looks really bad if someone fails the IST at boot, and with sleep deprivation and other issues your run time needs to be better than the minimum. If you get kicked out of the the program, whenever you try to join the Marines again the recruiter will look up the reason you were kicked out. Most likely they would see IST drop and make you run an IST before they would even talk to you.

Thread Information