How much work does EOD do in the Marines?
Create Post

Question How much work does EOD do in the Marines?

I want to become EOD, but there is a dilemma. I want to join the Marine Corps because they are awesome but i want EOD and Navy EOD is the best EOD. The issue with that is; join the best branch(Marines) or join the Navy and try to risk becoming a part of the best EOD team. How much work Marine Corps EOD do? Because I don't want to join the Marines and just watch Navy EOD do all of the work. I would appreciate it if any past or present EOD technicians talk about what their experiences of EOD.

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by JMT View Post
    I want to become EOD, but there is a dilemma. I want to join the Marine Corps because they are awesome but i want EOD and Navy EOD is the best EOD. The issue with that is; join the best branch(Marines) or join the Navy and try to risk becoming a part of the best EOD team. How much work Marine Corps EOD do? Because I don't want to join the Marines and just watch Navy EOD do all of the work. I would appreciate it if any past or present EOD technicians talk about what their experiences of EOD.
    I see you get around http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9104521AARQ4HF Have you given up on your desire to be a Maritime Raid Force member? I wont answer your question since I wasn't EOD. I will say you can't go Marine EOD until your second contract. I'm not sure about the other branches. good luck

EOD gets a lot of field experience lately due to the ridiculous IED threats in Iraq and now Afghanistan, and because of this it is a very high risk job. They also do work at home (see the 4 guys killed the other day on Pendleton), so they are pretty busy.

Marine Corps EOD is excellent, I'm sure Navy EOD is excellent as well. Army EOD is also excellent. EOD is something you can't really not be good at and stick around doing...

Mike

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You won't be getting it on your first enlistment.
    As you can read, you will be very busy.
    Marine Corps EOD are the best. Navy EOD the best ? I don't think so.

Did you forget that you are on a Marine Corps Forum ?

MOS 2336 - Explosive Ordnance Disposal

Type of MOS : PMOS

Rank Range: MGySgt to Sgt

Job Description: EOD technicians perform various duties that include locating, accessing, identifying, rendering safe, neutralizing, and disposing of hazards from foreign and domestic, conventional, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high yield explosives (CBRNE) unexploded explosive ordnance (UXO), improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and weapons of mass destruction (WMD that present a threat to operations, installations, personnel, or materiel.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky C View Post
    You won't be getting it on your first enlistment.
    As you can read, you will be very busy.
    Marine Corps EOD are the best. Navy EOD the best ? I don't think so.

Did you forget that you are on a Marine Corps Forum ?

MOS 2336 - Explosive Ordnance Disposal

Type of MOS : PMOS

Rank Range: MGySgt to Sgt

Job Description: EOD technicians perform various duties that include locating, accessing, identifying, rendering safe, neutralizing, and disposing of hazards from foreign and domestic, conventional, chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high yield explosives (CBRNE) unexploded explosive ordnance (UXO), improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and weapons of mass destruction (WMD that present a threat to operations, installations, personnel, or materiel.)
    Thank you for this information even though i have read a lot of this. The thing about the navy being the best eod must of have been a typo. My first Mos (hopefully) is MOS 6199. Once again Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymjb View Post
    EOD gets a lot of field experience lately due to the ridiculous IED threats in Iraq and now Afghanistan, and because of this it is a very high risk job. They also do work at home (see the 4 guys killed the other day on Pendleton), so they are pretty busy.

Marine Corps EOD is excellent, I'm sure Navy EOD is excellent as well. Army EOD is also excellent. EOD is something you can't really not be good at and stick around doing...

Mike
    I had heard what happened. I know its a high risk job right now but i am willing to take those risk. Thank you.

I see you get aroundhttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9104521AARQ4HFHave you given up on your desire to be a Maritime Raid Force member? I wont answer your question since I wasn't EOD. I will say you can't go Marine EOD until your second contract. I'm not sure about the other branches. good luck
    I asked on two places for more different opinions but the yahoo answers didn't go as planned. About the Maritime Raid Force I was unable to find out anything about it and I slowly faded away from it.

Navy receives more school time training than the other 3, but it doesn't make them "better." In the Navy training pipeline, they receive the standard course of instruction, but then receive training in underwater ordnance, jump school, dive school, and combat training. EOD school is also a Navy school.

Marines specialize in turning live ordnance into inert ordnance, Marine Corps is the only one who does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamelink83 View Post
    Navy receives more school time training than the other 3, but it doesn't make them "better." In the Navy training pipeline, they receive the standard course of instruction, but then receive training in underwater ordnance, jump school, dive school, and combat training. EOD school is also a Navy school.

Marines specialize in turning live ordnance into inert ordnance, Marine Corps is the only one who does that.
    That is true. Thank you for the information and your opinion.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JMT View Post

That is true.
    Thank you for the information
    and your ((opinion))

Sweetpea....
    Nowhere in what Hamelink83 stated was OPINION...
    He gave you cold hard fact..
    Read it again,
    then re-read it...You don't see any opinion do you ???

Hamelink83 you gonna ship ?

I think it's good that you are doing your research, spreading a wide net. That is a very important job, very important. Any willingness service these days is a good thing, but those who want dangerous jobs is plentiful. I would guess a few of the the traits of those who succeed are; dedication, determination, and the ability to overcome, adapt, and improvise. Good luck.

In the Marines it is a lat move only MOS with that the drop rate at school is less then the other services as a Marine that has been interviewed by Marines that are EOD. also Marines OJT for 6 months or more before attending school. All services attend the Navy EOD School in Pensacola Fl. Navy school is longer due the under water portion of the school. I know Army has entry level students but a lot of them fail out due to the stresses of the course also you must be eligible for a Top Secret Security clearance regardless of branch. I know a couple guys that are EOD there is a lot more to the job then what you see in the moves lots of studying even after school its a lot of work all the time.

Thread Information