What to Expect at MEPS
Create Post

What to Expect at MEPS

I signed my papers last week and my recruiter said they would be submitted this Tuesday due to the Marine Corps Ball and the holiday. He said I'm probably looking at going to MEPS Thursday or Friday of this week. Can anyone give me kind of a run down of what all happens at MEPS. Even the different parts of the Medical Exam.

Similar Threads:

Lots of waiting - take something to read. Keep your mouth shut - don't talk to anyone unless you have to. Too many punks there who think they have to be bad a$$es. You'll have to wear a temporary nametag indicating USMC on it. Don't be surprised when you hear snide remarks about Marines. You'll want to say or do something about it but refrain - get in trouble and they'll just send you back home.

I spent one afternoon at the MEPS in Louisville when my niece was there to take the oath of enlistment couple years ago. Went off on a couple people for the bull$**** I saw and heard and almost got thrown out myself. It all boiled down to young punks trying to show how tough they were/sounded (in actuality, all they did was show how dumb they were - it's people like them who give the USMC a bad reputation).

Expect to be in a hotel wake up and 0430 go to MEPS wait all fricking day. about 12 hours later you will be done with paperwork, medical exam, speaking with a liaison, and swearing in. Then you will ride home and continue on with your life

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In the meantime you can click on the links under your post " Similar Threads " and get a Heads Up. This is a question also I would have asked my recruiter.

Best of luck to you.

Come back after you're done and update your post with your experience at MEPS. That way, others with the same question can search and find this post in the future - play it forward.

My experience at MEPS included going into a hotel with my recruiter's boss. He took me to a room where I signed in and was told a room number. My recruiter's boss then said I'll see you tomorrow. I had to find my room, and on the way the elevator's didn't work. I met someone else there for MEPS that asked me if I knew "military time." I found my room and waited until 1700 for dinner. I then had a meeting at 2030 to watch a video on MEPS. I woke up at 0430 and went to breakfast. I then waited thirty minutes in the cold for the bus which took us to the MEPS station in Memphis, TN. I went in and everyone was searched with a wand for weapons (the guy was going so fast he hit me in the crotch with the wand). I then went upstairs and put my stuff in a locked room and waited in line for about 30 minutes to be checked in and given my name tag. I then waited for each branch to be called to follow his or her liason. I was the only one there for Marines. I went and talked to my Liason about the regular screening questions that you will have been asked three or four times before then. I then went back to wait in line and be sent on to medical. As soon as I got in the room they checked my blood pressure and pulse which was at 144! I was told to come back and get it checked later on when I calmed down, and was sent in to do the eye test and color blind test. I left that room and went into the hearing test room, where you are put into a machine with three other people and put on headphones. You push a button everytime you hear a tone. After that everyone is gathered into a class room and you are walked through filling out paper work. After that you hurry up and wait to go into a room to talk to a doctor about medical history, and then to go do bloodo work. Then you go into a back room with a bench on both sides. It's about a ten yard long room. You strip down to your boxers with about ten other guys and then taken one by one into another room. The doctor checks your ears, mouth, and eyes and then your lower area. I got taught how to check for testicular cancer and then checked for a hernia and hemeroids. Then you go back into the room with everyone else and line up to check joint function, which includes the duck walk. After that you go to take the urine test for drugs. It took me an hour of drinking water to be able to actually take the test. I was one of the last ones in there. You then go into the lunch room and eat a box meal and then go talk to your liason. He looks at your paperwork and you are ready to go get your finger prints for the FBI background search. Then you go back to your liason and sign papers on an electronic pin pad. Then you are ready to swear in. After you swear in you go back to your liason and if you are going to the Marines you recieve your blue shirt. You also have to do pullups in the liason's office along the way to check to see if you are being put in at high risk or not. You only have to do more than one. After it is all said and done it is about 1500-1600. That is my MEPS experience.

Thread Information