Jobs in the Marine Corps when color blind
Create Post
    Rick05
    Guest Free Member

Jobs in the Marine Corps when color blind

According to the military I am colorblind for failing the color blob test at meps. My ship date is in November of this year. My recruiter told me to be thinking of job fields I may want to go in too. From the looks of it there seems to be almost no job fields besides infantry or a cook for someone color blind. My last option was to go infantry because I wanted to be artillery but sense I am colorblind I am pretty sure you can not do that. So what job fields are out there worth going in to if you are "color blind". (sucks that even though I could name every color pointed out I could not see the number so I am color blind apparently.)

Similar Threads:

Beneath your post are "similar threads". Read those for some various viewpoints and experiences.

You will have to work with your recruiter through this issue. They know the current MOS requirements as well as which MOS's are closed. There may be a MOS you qualify for but has no open slots (it's possible there are no open slots for you anywhere at this time and you'll just have to wait). You may have some options but all of them bad. In that case, you'll be faced with some tough decisions.

Good luck and be sure to report back and let us know how things work out. Your experience will show up as a "similar thread" for someone else in your situation in the future.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well it's been 6 months since you posted this thread and you are logged in now.

How did you make out like Top asked you ?

Rick05
    Guest Free Member
    I got 0431, It was a MOS that I know a few people who were in before they retired. Sense the downsize they pushed my ship date back from November sadly. But other then that everything is going well. My IST is 25 pull ups 120 crunches and 10:30 run time.

Thread Information