Thinking About The Marines
Create Post

Thinking About The Marines

I've met with my local Marine Recruiter, but I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'm going to go into the Marines. I was wondering if anyone could give me reasons for joining or not joining. I want the good and the bad. I don't have to worry about the ASVAB. I was forced to take that my senior year in high school. I made a 87 on it so I qualify for just about anything and everything in the Marines job wise.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do you WANT to be one of the Few, the Proud? If you're not certain, perhaps another service is for you.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Being a Marine isn't something you should have to "think about" in my honest opinion. You either want to be a Marine and go through what it entails or you don't.

If it is something you are "thinking about" that tells me your heart isn't in it and you probably shouldn't be a Marine

Edward...you say you took the ASVAB in your senior year in high school, and your profile says you are a student. Are you in college? It would probably help if you could elaborate on, and be more descriptive about your goals and objectives. Why are you interested in the military to begin with? Have you looked at all branches of the military? What is it about the Marine Corps that interests you? What do you expect to get out of being a Marine, and more importantly, what do YOU have to offer the Corps? Are you looking for "the good and the bad" in terms of what it's like to be in the Marines? Or are you (as you say) looking for good and bad "reasons" for joining? When all is said and done, I think the other comments are spot on, you either want to wear the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor...or you don't. What is it that you really want to know?

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just do it !!!

Get some...

Since you've already met with a recruiter, you know the reasons for joining. If you're looking for education benefits or to gain work experience for after you get out you can do that in any of the the other services with the same pay and benefits and, in most cases, less hardship.

The USMC is a warfighting organization. We exist to fight and win our nation's battles. We are the nation's 911 force, the president can commit his Marines without the consent of Congress. We are an expeditionary force - to do our jobs, we must be forward deployed (many times aboard Naval ships). If these things are important to you, our gun club may be for you.

Thank all of you for your replies. I've looked at all branches of the military and have always wanted to join the Marines. I know I'll benefit from it greatly as in making myself a better person, leader, and I know I'll learn things about myself that I couldn't doing anything else or even joining other branches of the military. I know I'll come out a better person than I go in as and with more respect, confidence, and the ability to rely on myself and the people next to me. I met again with my recruiter last night and talked to my parents after and I have decided. I let my recruiter know that I was ready to sign the papers when he has the time to come back to town. I actually meant my junior year of high school I took it. Not my senior year. I made an 87 on it and I'm currently a high school senior and will hopefully be going to PI, SC a little bit after graduation.

Last edited by Rocky C; 11-05-13 at 04:41 PM.

That was easy!

I think you made the right choice - but I am a little biased.

Thread Information