Marriage advice?
Create Post

Marriage advice?

So I've been dating my girl for a year and a few days shy of a month. I still have MCT and MOS school to go through (0231) and she has one year of school left and then 2 years of nursing school.

Anyone have advice or gone through these times?

I am definitely not getting married now but I dont know when the best time to get married would be.

6 months from now I'll be in the fleet so I'll have been in the fleet for like 3 years when she gets done with all her schooling and was thinking thats the appropriate time to get married?

Just looking for a little devil dog advice.
    Thanks
    -Nick

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rocky C; 11-02-13 at 06:00 PM.

Marine get all your and her schooling out of the way. Living on a PFC pay is not the best way to go.

Thats what I was thinking. When were both done with schooling we will both have income and I think be able to live way more comfortably.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Wait till your an NCO. That will give you over 3 years until she is out of school and then you can afford it.

Credits
    Savings
    Concur with Rocky
    Wait till both of you are "somewhat" situated and financed.
    Marriage is for life----
    You don't want a wedge in a new relationship before you even have a chance.

There will be obstacles you cannot control, but this one you can influence

Nick, I don't think there is a "best time", as for ME and MY WIFE we got married 1 week before High School Ended, 10 days before I left for BootCamp! And its been over 32 Years now! Just make sure YOU both want the samethings out of life. Every time I picked up a stripe, we had a child. LOL,You just both have to be willing to make it work out, just my 2 cents.

And yes, WE are still married.

I think your idea of waiting till both of your schooling is complete is the best plan. You don't need the distractions of trying to support a wife while you're in school and she'll be much more employable once she gets her nursing license. On top of that, you'll both be a little older and wiser. Just take extra care to make sure a surprise package (unplanned baby) does not show up along the way and force you to change your plans (and delay her education).

Thread Information